Обсуждение: Documentation bug for LDAP authentication

Documentation bug for LDAP authentication

От
Albe Laurenz
Дата:
While playing with LDAP authentication, I discovered
two documentation bugs.

First, user and password for the first step in the
two-step authentication mode are "ldapbinddn" and
"ldapbindpasswd", not "ldapbinduser" and "ldapbinddn".

This bug has been there since 8.4.

The second one is new in 9.3 with the URL syntax:
It is not possible to specify "user" and "password"
in the LDAP URL.

The first hunk should be backpatched.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Вложения

Re: Documentation bug for LDAP authentication

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On Wed, 2012-12-19 at 15:13 +0000, Albe Laurenz wrote:
> While playing with LDAP authentication, I discovered
> two documentation bugs.
>
> First, user and password for the first step in the
> two-step authentication mode are "ldapbinddn" and
> "ldapbindpasswd", not "ldapbinduser" and "ldapbinddn".
>
> This bug has been there since 8.4.

I've committed this part.  (It only goes back to 9.0.)

> The second one is new in 9.3 with the URL syntax:
> It is not possible to specify "user" and "password"
> in the LDAP URL.

That sounds like a bug to me.  I'll investigate.

Re: Documentation bug for LDAP authentication

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On Sat, 2012-12-29 at 23:09 -0500, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-12-19 at 15:13 +0000, Albe Laurenz wrote:
> > The second one is new in 9.3 with the URL syntax:
> > It is not possible to specify "user" and "password"
> > in the LDAP URL.
>
> That sounds like a bug to me.  I'll investigate.

Hmm, it seems it is not intended to be supported.  So I have installed
your change.