Обсуждение: Will Index-only-scan be in 9.2

Will Index-only-scan be in 9.2

От
"hans wulf"
Дата:
I was wondering if the index-only-scan will be available in 9.2? This is not having to visit the real data to answer a
query,if all the information is available in the index. I think this will be a mayor step in overtaking the big O in
theg-spot.

There seams to already be some patch for this problem, but I don't know if you are considering this for the next
release?Why is the enthusiasm so low on this feature? I would presume this is a mayor performance boost, not having to
runthrough millons of stupid pages if all the info is already in the index.

Re: Will Index-only-scan be in 9.2

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Wed, 2011-10-12 at 02:08 +0200, hans wulf wrote:
> I was wondering if the index-only-scan will be available in 9.2? This
> is not having to visit the real data to answer a query, if all the
> information is available in the index. I think this will be a mayor
> step in overtaking the big O in the g-spot.

http://rhaas.blogspot.com/2011/10/index-only-scans-weve-got-em.html

Devrim GÜNDÜZ