Обсуждение: unaccent contrib

unaccent contrib

От
Daniel Vázquez
Дата:
Hi guys!

I know Postgresql 9.x includes "unaccent" contrib on their deliver package.

"unaccent" is compatible with postgresql 8.4 (but not is in their contrib version distribution)

what's better way to setup "unaccent" module on Postgresql 8.4 production server.

Copy contrib/unaccent from 9.x to the 8.4 installation and execute it???

We can do it???

Other ideas??

Can Global Development Group, make some acumulative rpm  for contrib modules that are backward compatible???

thx!

Re: unaccent contrib

От
Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Дата:
On 21-09-2011 13:28, Daniel Vázquez wrote:
> "unaccent" is compatible with postgresql 8.4 (but not is in their contrib
> version distribution)

No, it is not. AFAICS it is necessary to add some backend code that is not in 8.4.

--    Euler Taveira de Oliveira - Timbira       http://www.timbira.com.br/   PostgreSQL: Consultoria, Desenvolvimento,
Suporte24x7 e Treinamento

Re: unaccent contrib

От
Daniel Vázquez
Дата:
... ok
No alternatives for unaccent on 8.4?

--
  Euler Taveira de Oliveira - Timbira       http://www.timbira.com.br/

Daniel Vázquez
SICONET (A Bull Group Company)
Torre Agbar. Avda. Diagonal, 211 - planta 23
08018 - Barcelona
telf: + 34 93 2272727 (Ext. 2952)
fax: + 34 93 2272728
www.bull.es - www.siconet.es
daniel.vazquez@bull.es

Re: unaccent contrib

От
Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Дата:
On 21-09-2011 15:23, Daniel Vázquez wrote:
> No alternatives for unaccent on 8.4?

Not that I know of.

--    Euler Taveira de Oliveira - Timbira       http://www.timbira.com.br/   PostgreSQL: Consultoria, Desenvolvimento,
Suporte24x7 e Treinamento

Re: unaccent contrib

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Wed, 2011-09-21 at 18:28 +0200, Daniel Vázquez wrote:

> Can Global Development Group, make some acumulative rpm  for contrib
> modules that are backward compatible???

No (as the RPM maintainer).
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: unaccent contrib

Дата:
Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler@timbira.com> writes:
> On 21-09-2011 13:28, Daniel V�zquez wrote:
>> "unaccent" is compatible with postgresql 8.4 (but not is in their contrib
>> version distribution)

> No, it is not. AFAICS it is necessary to add some backend code that is not in 8.4.

[ pokes at it ]  Yeah, you are right.  The version of unaccent that is
in our source tree is a filtering dictionary, and therefore cannot
possibly work with backends older than 9.0 (when the filtering
dictionary feature was added).

So I'm wondering where the OP read that it was compatible with 8.4.
Our own documentation about it certainly does not say that.  It's
possible that Oleg and Teodor had some prototype version, different
from what got committed to our tree, that would work in 8.4.
        regards, tom lane

Re: unaccent contrib

От
Daniel Vázquez
Дата:
Before 9.x, how do unaccent full text searches ?

2011/9/21 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler@timbira.com> writes:
> On 21-09-2011 13:28, Daniel Vázquez wrote:
>> "unaccent" is compatible with postgresql 8.4 (but not is in their contrib
>> version distribution)

> No, it is not. AFAICS it is necessary to add some backend code that is not in 8.4.

[ pokes at it ]  Yeah, you are right.  The version of unaccent that is
in our source tree is a filtering dictionary, and therefore cannot
possibly work with backends older than 9.0 (when the filtering
dictionary feature was added).

So I'm wondering where the OP read that it was compatible with 8.4.
Our own documentation about it certainly does not say that.  It's
possible that Oleg and Teodor had some prototype version, different
from what got committed to our tree, that would work in 8.4.

Daniel Vázquez
SICONET (A Bull Group Company)
Torre Agbar. Avda. Diagonal, 211 - planta 23
08018 - Barcelona
telf: + 34 93 2272727 (Ext. 2952)
fax: + 34 93 2272728
www.bull.es - www.siconet.es
daniel.vazquez@bull.es

Re: unaccent contrib

От
Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Дата:
On 22-09-2011 12:39, Daniel Vázquez wrote:
> Before 9.x, how do unaccent full text searches ?

Perform pre-processing (normalization) of the string *before* inserting and
*before* searching.

--    Euler Taveira de Oliveira - Timbira       http://www.timbira.com.br/   PostgreSQL: Consultoria, Desenvolvimento,
Suporte24x7 e Treinamento

Re: unaccent contrib

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
2011/9/22 Daniel Vázquez <daniel2d2art@gmail.com>:
> Before 9.x, how do unaccent full text searches ?

It seems that Oleg has published something on his web site that
supposedly works with 8.4:

http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/wiki/unaccent

But I'm not really sure how it works, or even where the source code
is.  I would suggest that you Google "postgresql 8.4 unaccent" or
something like that and click through the results.

Also, this mailing list is for discussions of PostgreSQL development,
so I think this discussion is quite a bit off-topic.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: unaccent contrib

От
Oleg Bartunov
Дата:
On Wed, 21 Sep 2011, Tom Lane wrote:

> Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler@timbira.com> writes:
>> On 21-09-2011 13:28, Daniel VАzquez wrote:
>>> "unaccent" is compatible with postgresql 8.4 (but not is in their contrib
>>> version distribution)
>
>> No, it is not. AFAICS it is necessary to add some backend code that is not in 8.4.
>
> [ pokes at it ]  Yeah, you are right.  The version of unaccent that is
> in our source tree is a filtering dictionary, and therefore cannot
> possibly work with backends older than 9.0 (when the filtering
> dictionary feature was added).
>
> So I'm wondering where the OP read that it was compatible with 8.4.
> Our own documentation about it certainly does not say that.  It's
> possible that Oleg and Teodor had some prototype version, different
> from what got committed to our tree, that would work in 8.4.

AFAIR, the last version without filtering feature is
http://www.sigaev.ru/misc/unaccent-0.2.tar.gz
    Regards,        Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83