Обсуждение: extensions and psql

extensions and psql

От
Dimitri Fontaine
Дата:
Hi,

I realize that you didn't keep the \dx behavior I had, that when given
an extension name it would list all the objects contained in the
extension.  Now that's a pretty simple query:
 select pg_describe_object(classid, objid, 0)   from pg_depend d    join pg_extension e on d.refclassid = e.tableoid
                  and d.refobjid = e.oid                      and d.deptype = 'e'  where e.extname = 'hstore'

order by objid;

Do we want to get that back in, and in which psql command?  It could
well be that having \dx list extension and \dx name list extension's
objects wasn't the best design around, and it could be that it's not
useful enough, but I know I liked to have a psql shortcut to do that.

Dimitri Fontaine

Re: extensions and psql

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 11:37 AM, Dimitri Fontaine
<dimitri@2ndquadrant.fr> wrote:
> Do we want to get that back in, and in which psql command?  It could
> well be that having \dx list extension and \dx name list extension's
> objects wasn't the best design around, and it could be that it's not
> useful enough, but I know I liked to have a psql shortcut to do that.

+1 for having a psql command to do that.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: extensions and psql

Дата:
Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndQuadrant.fr> writes:
> I realize that you didn't keep the \dx behavior I had, that when given
> an extension name it would list all the objects contained in the
> extension.

Sure I did: \dx+
        regards, tom lane

Re: extensions and psql

От
Dimitri Fontaine
Дата:
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
> Sure I did: \dx+

And I believe I did test that.  Sorry for the noise, really.  (shame)

Dimitri Fontaine