Обсуждение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Update docs on building for Windows to accomodate current realit

Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Update docs on building for Windows to accomodate current realit

От
Gurjeet Singh
Дата:
/><br/>Also, clicking on the gitweb link below (from GMail), opens the browser window with an address where ';' are
replacedwith %3B , which leads to 404 - no such project. Is GMail broken, or can have gitweb treat %3B as a ; ?<br
class="gmail_quote"style="margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;">
Updatedocs on building for Windows to accomodate current reality.<br /><br /> Document how to build 64 bit Windows
binariesusing the MinGW64 tool set.<br /> Remove recommendation against using Mingw as a build platform.<br /> Be more
specificabout when Cygwin is useful and when it's not,  in<br /> particular note its usefulness for running psql,
href="http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=51be78b09a83b8d533e4a9f81cf9a7f2edde6654"
target="_blank">http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=51be78b09a83b8d533e4a9f81cf9a7f2edde6654</a><br
doc/src/sgml/installation.sgml   |   20 +++++++++++++++++++-<br /> 2 files changed, 35 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)<br
href="mailto:pgsql-committers@postgresql.org">pgsql-committers@postgresql.org</a>)<br/> To make changes to your

Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Update docs on building for Windows to accomodate current realit

От
Andrew Dunstan

On 02/10/2011 01:04 AM, Gurjeet Singh wrote:
> This commit refers to www.mingw64.org <http://www.mingw64.org> which
> does not exist.

Oops. URL (and name) fixed.

thanks.

cheers

andrew

Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Update docs on building for Windows to accomodate current realit

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 07:04, Gurjeet Singh <singh.gurjeet@gmail.com> wrote:
> This commit refers to www.mingw64.org which does not exist.

Andrew fixed this alreayd.

> Also, clicking on the gitweb link below (from GMail), opens the browser
> window with an address where ';' are replaced with %3B , which leads to 404
> - no such project. Is GMail broken, or can have gitweb treat %3B as a ; ?

This has also been fixed, per previous emails. I think GMail is not
necessarily broken, but it changed behaviour to one that no other MUA
has.. And gitweb isn't really dealing with that. But the current URLs
generated are sent through a redirector that works around the gmail
issue.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Update docs on building for Windows to accomodate current realit

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 5:46 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 07:04, Gurjeet Singh <singh.gurjeet@gmail.com> wrote:
>> This commit refers to www.mingw64.org which does not exist.
>
> Andrew fixed this alreayd.
>
>> Also, clicking on the gitweb link below (from GMail), opens the browser
>> window with an address where ';' are replaced with %3B , which leads to 404
>> - no such project. Is GMail broken, or can have gitweb treat %3B as a ; ?
>
> This has also been fixed, per previous emails. I think GMail is not
> necessarily broken, but it changed behaviour to one that no other MUA
> has..

I call that broken over here.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Update docs on building for Windows to accomodate current realit

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 14:22, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 5:46 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 07:04, Gurjeet Singh <singh.gurjeet@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> This commit refers to www.mingw64.org which does not exist.
>>
>> Andrew fixed this alreayd.
>>
>>> Also, clicking on the gitweb link below (from GMail), opens the browser
>>> window with an address where ';' are replaced with %3B , which leads to 404
>>> - no such project. Is GMail broken, or can have gitweb treat %3B as a ; ?
>>
>> This has also been fixed, per previous emails. I think GMail is not
>> necessarily broken, but it changed behaviour to one that no other MUA
>> has..
>
> I call that broken over here.

It'd doing URL escaping. AFAIK, it's not doing anything that's not
specifically allowed for in the HTML standard.

But arguing that point is pointless, given that the workaround seems
to work fine...

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/
 Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/

Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Update docs on building for Windows to accomodate current realit

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 8:38 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 14:22, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Andrew fixed this alreayd.

>>> This has also been fixed, per previous emails. I think GMail is not
>>> necessarily broken, but it changed behaviour to one that no other MUA
>>> has..
>>
>> I call that broken over here.
>
> It'd doing URL escaping. AFAIK, it's not doing anything that's not
> specifically allowed for in the HTML standard.
>
> But arguing that point is pointless, given that the workaround seems
> to work fine...

All I know is that if right-click, open-link-in-new-tab works; then
clicking on the link directly ought to work, too.  Fail.