Обсуждение: PL/pgSQL and shared_preload_libraries

PL/pgSQL and shared_preload_libraries

Дата:
Since we now install PL/pgSQL by default, should we configure
shared_preload_libraries to preload PL/pgSQL?

http://enterprisedb.com

Re: PL/pgSQL and shared_preload_libraries

Дата:
> Since we now install PL/pgSQL by default, should we configure
> shared_preload_libraries to preload PL/pgSQL?

I don't think that follows.  The fact that it's there doesn't mean
everyone is using it.  In any case, I've seen no evidence that says
you'd get a performance win this way.  The preload feature is meant
for modules that do a substantial amount of work at load time, which
plpgsql does not.
        regards, tom lane