Обсуждение: Starting off with the development

Starting off with the development

От
Vaibhav Kaushal
Дата:
Hello,<br /><br />I think that I want to get indulged in development. Have gone through the code a bit, Unable to
understandso might need some help over there. I hope I will recieve help. <br /><br />What version should I start from?
Iguess postgresql 9.1 alpha would be good. <br /><br />Please suggest some other dev version (if they are in progress)
ifyou think I should start off with. My main work concerns the planner and executor. <br /><br />Thanks a lot. <br
/><br/>-Vaibhav<br />

Fwd: Starting off with the development

От
Vaibhav Kaushal
Дата:
And I wanted to know what type of data structures are created by the parser / planner and how are they read by the
executor.<br /><br />I know that it is some sort of tree. But how many child nodes are there in a node on the tree and

Re: Starting off with the development

От
"Kevin Grittner"
Дата:
Vaibhav Kaushal <vaibhavkaushal123@gmail.com> wrote:
> What version should I start from? I guess postgresql 9.1 alpha
> would be good.
The HEAD of the master branch of the git repository is where
development normally takes place.  You should start by developer
section of the main PostgreSQL web site and the pages to which it
links -- especially the Developer's FAQ page:
http://www.postgresql.org/developer/
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Developer_FAQ
You also might want to browse the README files in the source
directories.
-Kevin