Обсуждение: find -path isn't portable

find -path isn't portable

Дата:
buildfarm member koi, having recently been rescued from git purgatory,
is failing like this:

configure: using CFLAGS=-O -Kinline
configure: using CPPFLAGS= -I/usr/local/include/libxml2  -I/usr/local/include
configure: using LDFLAGS= -L/usr/local/lib  -L/usr/local/lib
preparing build tree... UX:find: ERROR: Illegal option -- -path
UX:find: TO FIX: Usage: find [path-list] [predicate-list]
UX:ln: ERROR: Cannot create /home/ohp/pgfarmbuild/HEAD/pgsql.10464//config/Makefile: No such file or directory
configure: error: failed

which indicates it can't cope with your recent patch to prep_buildtree.
I was afraid that might be a problem.  Can we please stick to the
find(1) options defined by the Single Unix Spec?
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/xcu/find.html
        regards, tom lane

Re: find -path isn't portable

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of jue oct 21 17:48:18 -0300 2010:
> buildfarm member koi, having recently been rescued from git purgatory,
> is failing like this:
>
> configure: using CFLAGS=-O -Kinline
> configure: using CPPFLAGS= -I/usr/local/include/libxml2  -I/usr/local/include
> configure: using LDFLAGS= -L/usr/local/lib  -L/usr/local/lib
> preparing build tree... UX:find: ERROR: Illegal option -- -path
> UX:find: TO FIX: Usage: find [path-list] [predicate-list]
> UX:ln: ERROR: Cannot create /home/ohp/pgfarmbuild/HEAD/pgsql.10464//config/Makefile: No such file or directory
> configure: error: failed
>
> which indicates it can't cope with your recent patch to prep_buildtree.
> I was afraid that might be a problem.  Can we please stick to the
> find(1) options defined by the Single Unix Spec?
> http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/xcu/find.html

Ugh.  I'll look into this.

Re: find -path isn't portable

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Excerpts from Alvaro Herrera's message of jue oct 21 18:06:40 -0300 2010:
> Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of jue oct 21 17:48:18 -0300 2010:
> > buildfarm member koi, having recently been rescued from git purgatory,
> > is failing like this:

> > which indicates it can't cope with your recent patch to prep_buildtree.
> > I was afraid that might be a problem.  Can we please stick to the
> > find(1) options defined by the Single Unix Spec?
> > http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/xcu/find.html
>
> Ugh.  I'll look into this.

I used grep -v instead.  Koi has been fixed in a different way, however;
maybe they installed GNU find.