Обсуждение: gist DatumGetPointer returns pointer to corrupted data

gist DatumGetPointer returns pointer to corrupted data

От
Marios Vodas
Дата:
I index these structures in gist:

typedef struct {
    uint8 type_flag;
    float8 xi;
    float8 yi;
    Timestamp ti;
    float8 xe;
    float8 ye;
    Timestamp te;
    int32 id;
} typ_s_flagged;

typedef struct {
    uint8 type_flag;
    float8 xl;
    float8 yl;
    Timestamp tl;
    float8 xh;
    float8 yh;
    Timestamp th;
} typ_b_flagged;

typ_s_flagged is the type of leaf entries and typ_b_flagged is for non-leaf entries.
This is how I determine which type it is in functions union, picksplit, penalty etc (I tried to use GIST_LEAF but it produced errors in execution time!, anyway I know this might not be a best practice but it is not wrong).

GISTENTRY *entry = (GISTENTRY *) PG_GETARG_POINTER(0); //in penalty, consistent
//or GistEntryVector *entryvec = (GistEntryVector *) PG_GETARG_POINTER(0); entry = &entryvec->vector[i]; in union and picksplit
uint8 *type_flag = (uint8 *) DatumGetPointer(entry->key);
if (*type_flag == 0) {
      typ_s_flagged *p1 = (typ_s_flagged *) DatumGetPointer(entry->key);
} else if(*type_flag == 1){
      typ_b_flagged *p2 = (typ_b_flagged *) DatumGetPointer(entry->key);
}

The problem is that when I access p1->te or p1->id or p2->th the value I get is zeros, for both. But I get correct values for variables before p1->te.
I checked my code multiple times and I didn't found a mistake like bad size in palloc or wrong variable assignment.
I checked compress function and it seems to accept and return correct values.
Does anyone have any idea on how to solve this? Or why it happens?

Re: gist DatumGetPointer returns pointer to corrupted data

От
Robert Haas
Дата:

Is pg_type.typlen set correctly?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: gist DatumGetPointer returns pointer to corrupted data

От
Marios Vodas
Дата: