Обсуждение: Patch author name on commitfest page

Patch author name on commitfest page

От
Gurjeet Singh
Дата:
href="https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view?id=8">https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view?id=8</a><br

Re: Patch author name on commitfest page

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 5:38 PM, Gurjeet Singh <singh.gurjeet@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can we please change the comment lines below the patch heading to have the
> real name instead of the postgresql.org ID?
>
> Patch by Pavel Stehule
> Patch by Gurjeet Singh
>
> instead of
>
> Patch by okbobcz
> Patch by singh.gurjeet
>
> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view?id=8

I don't think that information is available to the app, at least at
present... when you log in, it is empowered to ask the community login
DB "is this combination of a username and a password valid?" but all
it gets back is "yes" or "no".

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: Patch author name on commitfest page

От
Gurjeet Singh
Дата:
On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 11:45 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 5:38 PM, Gurjeet Singh <singh.gurjeet@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can we please change the comment lines below the patch heading to have the
> real name instead of the postgresql.org ID?
>
> Patch by Pavel Stehule
> Patch by Gurjeet Singh
>
> instead of
>
> Patch by okbobcz
> Patch by singh.gurjeet
>
> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view?id=8

I don't think that information is available to the app, at least at
present... when you log in, it is empowered to ask the community login
DB "is this combination of a username and a password valid?" but all
it gets back is "yes" or "no".

If you click on the patch title on that page, it takes you to patch details page, where the real author name seems to be available to the app.

gurjeet.singh
@ EnterpriseDB - The Enterprise Postgres Company
http://www.EnterpriseDB.com

singh.gurjeet@{ gmail | yahoo }.com
Twitter/Skype: singh_gurjeet

Mail sent from my BlackLaptop device

Re: Patch author name on commitfest page

От
Andrew Dunstan

On 09/30/2010 05:51 PM, Gurjeet Singh wrote:
On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 11:45 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 5:38 PM, Gurjeet Singh <singh.gurjeet@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can we please change the comment lines below the patch heading to have the
> real name instead of the postgresql.org ID?
>
> Patch by Pavel Stehule
> Patch by Gurjeet Singh
>
> instead of
>
> Patch by okbobcz
> Patch by singh.gurjeet
>
> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view?id=8

I don't think that information is available to the app, at least at
present... when you log in, it is empowered to ask the community login
DB "is this combination of a username and a password valid?" but all
it gets back is "yes" or "no".

If you click on the patch title on that page, it takes you to patch details page, where the real author name seems to be available to the app.

That's because there is a field to set the author's name. See
<https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_form?commitfest=7>

At the same time, I should have though allowing the Commitfest app access to the user's actual name would be acceptable.

cheers

andrew

Re: Patch author name on commitfest page

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 5:51 PM, Gurjeet Singh <singh.gurjeet@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 11:45 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 5:38 PM, Gurjeet Singh <singh.gurjeet@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Can we please change the comment lines below the patch heading to have
>> > the
>> > real name instead of the postgresql.org ID?
>> >
>> > Patch by Pavel Stehule
>> > Patch by Gurjeet Singh
>> >
>> > instead of
>> >
>> > Patch by okbobcz
>> > Patch by singh.gurjeet
>> >
>> > https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view?id=8
>>
>> I don't think that information is available to the app, at least at
>> present... when you log in, it is empowered to ask the community login
>> DB "is this combination of a username and a password valid?" but all
>> it gets back is "yes" or "no".
>
> If you click on the patch title on that page, it takes you to patch details
> page, where the real author name seems to be available to the app.
>
> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=393

You're mixing up two different things.

Each patch has an "Author" field and a "Reviewers" field.  These are
displayed on both the CF summary page (in the columns with those
names) and on the patch detail page (in the rows with those names).
They are text fields, so they display whatever someone types into
them.

Each *comment* on a patch has an author also.  This is also displayed
on both the CF summary page (for the most recent 3 comments) and on
the patch detail page (for all comments) and the authorship
information is automatically populated from the user's login.

It would be possible to display both of these using the same format if
that information is available in the community login database and can
be replicated into the CF database, but currently I don't have it.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: Patch author name on commitfest page

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 23:45, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 5:38 PM, Gurjeet Singh <singh.gurjeet@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Can we please change the comment lines below the patch heading to have the
>> real name instead of the postgresql.org ID?
>>
>> Patch by Pavel Stehule
>> Patch by Gurjeet Singh
>>
>> instead of
>>
>> Patch by okbobcz
>> Patch by singh.gurjeet
>>
>> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view?id=8
>
> I don't think that information is available to the app, at least at
> present... when you log in, it is empowered to ask the community login
> DB "is this combination of a username and a password valid?" but all
> it gets back is "yes" or "no".

Sure it is. When you call community_login(), it'll return you the
yes/no field, the full name, the email address, an author text (not
used anymore, so don't rely on that), community docs superuser flag
(also not used, don't rely on, kind of a failed experiment) and last
successful login time prior to this one.

It's quite possible all users haven't included their full name when
they registered, but for those that have the information is available.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Re: Patch author name on commitfest page

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 4:07 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 23:45, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 5:38 PM, Gurjeet Singh <singh.gurjeet@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Can we please change the comment lines below the patch heading to have the
>>> real name instead of the postgresql.org ID?
>>>
>>> Patch by Pavel Stehule
>>> Patch by Gurjeet Singh
>>>
>>> instead of
>>>
>>> Patch by okbobcz
>>> Patch by singh.gurjeet
>>>
>>> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view?id=8
>>
>> I don't think that information is available to the app, at least at
>> present... when you log in, it is empowered to ask the community login
>> DB "is this combination of a username and a password valid?" but all
>> it gets back is "yes" or "no".
>
> Sure it is. When you call community_login(), it'll return you the
> yes/no field, the full name, the email address, an author text (not
> used anymore, so don't rely on that), community docs superuser flag
> (also not used, don't rely on, kind of a failed experiment) and last
> successful login time prior to this one.
>
> It's quite possible all users haven't included their full name when
> they registered, but for those that have the information is available.

Hrm, so in theory I could maintain a (possible stale) cache of this
information.  Seems sort of hairy, though.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: Patch author name on commitfest page

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 16:36, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 4:07 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

>>> I don't think that information is available to the app, at least at
>>> present... when you log in, it is empowered to ask the community login
>>> DB "is this combination of a username and a password valid?" but all
>>> it gets back is "yes" or "no".
>>
>> Sure it is. When you call community_login(), it'll return you the
>> yes/no field, the full name, the email address, an author text (not
>> used anymore, so don't rely on that), community docs superuser flag
>> (also not used, don't rely on, kind of a failed experiment) and last
>> successful login time prior to this one.
>>
>> It's quite possible all users haven't included their full name when
>> they registered, but for those that have the information is available.
>
> Hrm, so in theory I could maintain a (possible stale) cache of this
> information.  Seems sort of hairy, though.

Keep it in whatever session state where you keep the login data?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/
 Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/

Re: Patch author name on commitfest page

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 16:36, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Sure it is. When you call community_login(), it'll return you the
>>> yes/no field, the full name, the email address, an author text (not
>>> used anymore, so don't rely on that), community docs superuser flag
>>> (also not used, don't rely on, kind of a failed experiment) and last
>>> successful login time prior to this one.
>>>
>>> It's quite possible all users haven't included their full name when
>>> they registered, but for those that have the information is available.
>>
>> Hrm, so in theory I could maintain a (possible stale) cache of this
>> information.  Seems sort of hairy, though.
>
> Keep it in whatever session state where you keep the login data?

Oh, and then copy it from there if someone posts a comment?  I suppose
that could work, although it would only apply to comments added from
the point of the code change going forward.

Seems like it would be nicer to have a table with username/real name
in the CF DB.  But I guess that would require configuring some kind of
replication...

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: Patch author name on commitfest page

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 16:40, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

>>> Hrm, so in theory I could maintain a (possible stale) cache of this
>>> information.  Seems sort of hairy, though.
>>
>> Keep it in whatever session state where you keep the login data?
>
> Oh, and then copy it from there if someone posts a comment?  I suppose
> that could work, although it would only apply to comments added from
> the point of the code change going forward.
>
> Seems like it would be nicer to have a table with username/real name
> in the CF DB.  But I guess that would require configuring some kind of
> replication...

You could create a table there and then update the entry on login if
the name has changed.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/
 Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/

Re: Patch author name on commitfest page

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 16:40, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Keep it in whatever session state where you keep the login data?
>>
>> Oh, and then copy it from there if someone posts a comment?  I suppose
>> that could work, although it would only apply to comments added from
>> the point of the code change going forward.
>>
>> Seems like it would be nicer to have a table with username/real name
>> in the CF DB.  But I guess that would require configuring some kind of
>> replication...
>
> You could create a table there and then update the entry on login if
> the name has changed.

Yeah, I guess so.  Blah.