Обсуждение: pgxs docdir question

pgxs docdir question

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
Where does PGXS makefile get /usr/share/doc/pgsql/contrib directory
from?

While building 3rd party RPMs using PGXS, even if I specify docdir in
Makefile, README.* files are installed to this directory, which breaks
parallel installation path as of 9.0+

Speficially, I want to install READMEs
under /usr/pgsql-9.0/share/contrib for 9.0. How do I do that?

Devrim GÜNDÜZ
PostgreSQL RPM Repository: http://yum.pgrpms.org

Re: pgxs docdir question

Дата:
Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org> writes:
> Where does PGXS makefile get /usr/share/doc/pgsql/contrib directory
> from?

> While building 3rd party RPMs using PGXS, even if I specify docdir in
> Makefile, README.* files are installed to this directory, which breaks
> parallel installation path as of 9.0+

Maybe you need to fool with MODULEDIR.  See
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2010-01/msg00025.php
        regards, tom lane

Re: pgxs docdir question

От
Dimitri Fontaine
Дата:
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
> Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org> writes:
>> Where does PGXS makefile get /usr/share/doc/pgsql/contrib directory
>> from?
>
>> While building 3rd party RPMs using PGXS, even if I specify docdir in
>> Makefile, README.* files are installed to this directory, which breaks
>> parallel installation path as of 9.0+
>
> Maybe you need to fool with MODULEDIR.  See
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2010-01/msg00025.php

Well it's been working fine in debian without that for a long time
now. I've taken the liberty to CC Martin Pitt, because I don't have the
time to look at how things are done exactly in his debian packaging
there.
 http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Epitti/postgresql/common/files https://code.launchpad.net/postgresql

dim

Re: pgxs docdir question

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
> > While building 3rd party RPMs using PGXS, even if I specify docdir
> in
> > Makefile, README.* files are installed to this directory, which
> breaks
> > parallel installation path as of 9.0+
>
> Maybe you need to fool with MODULEDIR.  See
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2010-01/msg00025.php

Has anyone used this successfully? It did not work for me, and I'm
hacking spec files in order to install docs under somewhere else.
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
PostgreSQL RPM Repository: http://yum.pgrpms.org

Re: pgxs docdir question

Дата:
Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org> writes:
> On Sun, 2010-09-19 at 17:36 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> While building 3rd party RPMs using PGXS, even if I specify docdir in
>>> Makefile, README.* files are installed to this directory, which breaks
>>> parallel installation path as of 9.0+

>> Maybe you need to fool with MODULEDIR.  See
>> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2010-01/msg00025.php

> Has anyone used this successfully? It did not work for me, and I'm
> hacking spec files in order to install docs under somewhere else.

I just tried it, and AFAICT the makefiles do honor "configure --docdir=PATH"
... what are you using exactly?  What does "pg_config --docdir" report?
        regards, tom lane

Re: pgxs docdir question

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
> What does "pg_config --docdir" report?

$ /usr/pgsql-9.0/bin/pg_config --docdir
/usr/share/doc/pgsql

I was expecting it to be somewhere in /usr/pgsql-9.0, where it is the
--prefix. Am I wrong?

Devrim GÜNDÜZ
PostgreSQL RPM Repository: http://yum.pgrpms.org

Re: pgxs docdir question

Дата:
Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org> writes:
>> What does "pg_config --docdir" report?

> $ /usr/pgsql-9.0/bin/pg_config --docdir
> /usr/share/doc/pgsql

> I was expecting it to be somewhere in /usr/pgsql-9.0, where it is the
> --prefix. Am I wrong?

I think docdir is separate from the regular prefix.  Try specifying
--docdir to configure.
        regards, tom lane

Re: pgxs docdir question

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:

> I think docdir is separate from the regular prefix.  Try specifying
> --docdir to configure.

Thanks, I'll test (not now, but soon).