Обсуждение: Why SELECT keyword on parser is written as SELECTME ?

Why SELECT keyword on parser is written as SELECTME ?

От
Mohammad Heykal Abdillah
Дата:
All,

I was trying to implement some database language into PostgreSQL. Let's
say an SQL command that using local language as it's command. I know
it's not standard, but it's not the issue for me.

I made a lot modification in "scan.l" and "gram.y" and related file in
parser (src/backend/parser). So far my modified code was compiled well,
and PostgreSQL can run normaly, of course without ability to use SQL
command to Database, but it can check validty of SQL command structure.

After i modified the parser, compile and running PostgreSQL. My modified
PostgreSQL, identified "select" keyword as invalid keyword but
"selectme" keyword is valid.

Using unmodified PostgreSQL, "select" keyword was valid but "selectme"
keyword was invalid.

I just wonder why "select" keyword token in PostgreSQL is identified as
"selectme" (at src/backend/parser/keywords.c)?

Whats it's the different between "select" and "selectme" ?

Thank You.

--
Mohammad Heykal Abdillah <heykal.abdillah@gmail.com>

Re: Why SELECT keyword on parser is written as SELECTME ?

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 11:41 PM, Mohammad Heykal Abdillah
<heykal.abdillah@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just wonder why "select" keyword token in PostgreSQL is identified as
> "selectme" (at src/backend/parser/keywords.c)?
>
> Whats it's the different between "select" and "selectme" ?

The string "selectme" doesn't appear anywhere in my copy of the
PostgreSQL source code, with any capitalization, or in any previous
version of keywords.c, in any capitalization.  I think this must be
something you changed in your copy.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: Why SELECT keyword on parser is written as SELECTME ?

От
Mohammad Heykal Abdillah
Дата:
On Kam, 2010-05-20 at 23:50 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:

> The string "selectme" doesn't appear anywhere in my copy of the
> PostgreSQL source code, with any capitalization, or in any previous
> version of keywords.c, in any capitalization.  I think this must be
> something you changed in your copy.

Ah, you right!!

Sorry for my mistake, after download new version and my version (8.3.7)
again. There is no "selectme" keyword. It's seem in my previous copy i
have made modification but i forgot to take note, since it never failed
when compile.

Once again, thank you.
--
Mohammad Heykal Abdillah <heykal.abdillah@gmail.com>