Обсуждение: use of dblink_build_sql_insert() induces a server crash

use of dblink_build_sql_insert() induces a server crash

От
Rushabh Lathia
Дата:
Hi All,

Testcase:

create table foo (a  int );
postgres=# SELECT dblink_build_sql_insert('foo','1 2',2,'{\"0\", \"a\"}','{\"99\", \"xyz\"}');
HINT:  Use the escape string syntax for escapes, e.g., E'\r\n'.
    before or while processing the request.

Version: Latest

PFA patch to fix the same.

Thanks,
Rushabh Lathia
(www.EnterpriseDB.com)
Вложения

Re: use of dblink_build_sql_insert() induces a server crash

От
Joe Conway
Дата:
On 02/03/2010 04:49 AM, Rushabh Lathia wrote:
> Testcase:
>
> create table foo (a  int );
> postgres=# SELECT dblink_build_sql_insert('foo','1 2',2,'{\"0\",
> \"a\"}','{\"99\", \"xyz\"}');
> HINT:  Use the escape string syntax for escapes, e.g., E'\r\n'.

Thanks for the report -- will have a look later today.

Joe

Re: use of dblink_build_sql_insert() induces a server crash

От
Joe Conway
Дата:
On 02/03/2010 04:49 AM, Rushabh Lathia wrote:

> create table foo (a  int );
> postgres=# SELECT dblink_build_sql_insert('foo','1 2',2,'{\"0\",
> \"a\"}','{\"99\", \"xyz\"}');
> HINT:  Use the escape string syntax for escapes, e.g., E'\r\n'.

The problem exists with all three dblink_build_sql_* functions. Here is
a more complete patch. If there are no objections I'll apply this to
HEAD and look at back-patching -- these functions have hardly been
touched since inception.

Joe

Вложения

Re: use of dblink_build_sql_insert() induces a server crash

Дата:
Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
> The problem exists with all three dblink_build_sql_* functions. Here is
> a more complete patch. If there are no objections I'll apply this to
> HEAD and look at back-patching -- these functions have hardly been
> touched since inception.

Do you really need to copy the relation tupdesc when you only are going
to make a one-time check of the number of attributes?  This coding would
make some sense if you intended to use the tupdesc again later in the
functions, but it appears you don't.

Also, what about cases where the relation contains dropped columns ---
it's not obvious whether this test is correct in that case.
        regards, tom lane

Re: use of dblink_build_sql_insert() induces a server crash

От
Joe Conway
Дата:
On 02/03/2010 10:18 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
>> The problem exists with all three dblink_build_sql_* functions. Here is
>> a more complete patch. If there are no objections I'll apply this to
>> HEAD and look at back-patching -- these functions have hardly been
>> touched since inception.
>
> Do you really need to copy the relation tupdesc when you only are going
> to make a one-time check of the number of attributes?  This coding would
> make some sense if you intended to use the tupdesc again later in the
> functions, but it appears you don't.
>
> Also, what about cases where the relation contains dropped columns ---
> it's not obvious whether this test is correct in that case.

Good input, as always. Here's another whack at it.

Thanks,

Joe

Вложения