Обсуждение: Okay, DLLIMPORT is making me crazy

Okay, DLLIMPORT is making me crazy

I did this:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2008-11/msg00156.php
to try to fix this:
http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=narwhal&dt=2008-11-12%2021:00:01
only to get this:
http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=narwhal&dt=2008-11-13%2015:00:01

Anybody know how to get that stuff to act sanely?  Or should we just
toss the mingw build overboard?
        regards, tom lane

Re: Okay, DLLIMPORT is making me crazy

От
Andrew Dunstan

Tom Lane wrote:
> I did this:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2008-11/msg00156.php
> to try to fix this:
> http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=narwhal&dt=2008-11-12%2021:00:01
> only to get this:
> http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=narwhal&dt=2008-11-13%2015:00:01
>
> Anybody know how to get that stuff to act sanely?  Or should we just
> toss the mingw build overboard?

Your second go at fixing this seems to have almost worked. Is there a
reason why, alone of the utility programs, pg_resetxlog.c uses
postgres.h rather than postgres_fe.h?

cheers

andrew

Re: Okay, DLLIMPORT is making me crazy

Дата:
> Your second go at fixing this seems to have almost worked. Is there a
> reason why, alone of the utility programs, pg_resetxlog.c uses
> postgres.h rather than postgres_fe.h?

It doesn't compile otherwise.

We could possibly refactor the backend includes enough that it could get
the info it needs from frontend-safe headers.  I think Zdenek was
working on that awhile back, in fact.  For the moment what I'm trying
is to #define FRONTEND anyway ...
        regards, tom lane

Re: Okay, DLLIMPORT is making me crazy

Дата:
... meanwhile, the MSVC port has got its own issues:

Generating win32ver.rc for src\backend
Building src\pl\plperl\SPI.c...
Could not determine contrib module type for intaggat build.pl line 37

I am not sure what if anything that script needs to do for a contrib
module with no .c files.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Okay, DLLIMPORT is making me crazy

От
Magnus Hagander
Tom Lane wrote:
> ... meanwhile, the MSVC port has got its own issues:
>
> Generating win32ver.rc for src\backend
> Building src\pl\plperl\SPI.c...
> Could not determine contrib module type for intagg
>  at build.pl line 37
>
> I am not sure what if anything that script needs to do for a contrib
> module with no .c files.

It just needs to be excluded from the build step (it should still be
included in install, AFAICS). Will fix right away.

//Magnus