Обсуждение: SlruPhysicalReadPage

SlruPhysicalReadPage

От
Simon Riggs
Дата:
SlruPhysicalReadPage() succeeds InRecovery if the file does not exist.

BUT, if the file exists but is wrong size then it will still fail even
InRecovery.

This seems inconsistent. Why is the first page OK to be created, but any
other pages after that cause failure? ISTM the first page is nothing
special.

I think this can cause recovery to fail *now*. What say you?

Re: SlruPhysicalReadPage

Дата:
> This seems inconsistent. Why is the first page OK to be created, but any
> other pages after that cause failure? ISTM the first page is nothing
> special.

It's special on the writing side, I'm not sure why the reading side
wouldn't treat it specially too.
        regards, tom lane

Re: SlruPhysicalReadPage

От
Simon Riggs
Дата:
> > This seems inconsistent. Why is the first page OK to be created, but any
> > other pages after that cause failure? ISTM the first page is nothing
> > special.
>
> It's special on the writing side, I'm not sure why the reading side
> wouldn't treat it specially too.

I've added code for seek and read also, not just open.