Обсуждение: doubts about toast_flatten_tuple_attribute/heap_form_tuple

doubts about toast_flatten_tuple_attribute/heap_form_tuple

От
Zdenek Kotala
Дата:
I'm trying write tuple conversion function and now I'm hit problem with
composite data types. Composite data types can contain inner composite
data types. Is there any limit? And I found that heap_form_tuple calls  toast_flatten_tuple_attribute only one level
compositetype. Is it bug?

Thanks Zdenek

Re: doubts about toast_flatten_tuple_attribute/heap_form_tuple

Дата:
Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek.Kotala@Sun.COM> writes:
> I'm trying write tuple conversion function and now I'm hit problem with
> composite data types. Composite data types can contain inner composite
> data types. Is there any limit?

No.

> And I found that heap_form_tuple calls
>   toast_flatten_tuple_attribute only one level composite type. Is it bug?

No, because any composite value that's being presented for inclusion in
the new tuple was already flattened when it was formed.
        regards, tom lane