Обсуждение: CVS head has broken make

CVS head has broken make

От
Andrew Chernow
Дата:
Getting this, my cvs copy is as of 1:00PM EST.

[root@boron pgsql]# ./configure --prefix=/usr
checking which template to use... linux
checking whether to build with 64-bit integer date/time support... yes
checking whether NLS is wanted... no
checking for default port number... 5432
checking for gcov... gcov
checking for lcov... no
configure: error: lcov not found

I get the same error trying to make libpq.  Another box with a copy from
yesterday afternoon builds fine.

Things updated that may be related.

P GNUmakefile.in
P configure
P configure.in
P src/Makefile.global.in
P src/backend/common.mk

--
Andrew Chernow
eSilo, LLC

Re: CVS head has broken make

От
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Дата:
Andrew Chernow wrote:
> Getting this, my cvs copy is as of 1:00PM EST.
>
> [root@boron pgsql]# ./configure --prefix=/usr
> checking which template to use... linux
> checking whether to build with 64-bit integer date/time support... yes
> checking whether NLS is wanted... no
> checking for default port number... 5432
> checking for gcov... gcov
> checking for lcov... no
> configure: error: lcov not found
>
> I get the same error trying to make libpq.  Another box with a copy from
> yesterday afternoon builds fine.
>
> Things updated that may be related.

yeah the "code coverage" changes broke it - the buildfarm dashboard is
pretty telling:

http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_status.pl

Stefan

Re: CVS head has broken make

Дата:
Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> writes:
> yeah the "code coverage" changes broke it - the buildfarm dashboard is
> pretty telling:

Yes --- it looks like the configure.in patch is designed to look for
gcov AND lcov (do we really need both?) AND genhtml, and error out
if they're not present, even if you didn't say --enable-coverage.
Please fix.
        regards, tom lane

Re: CVS head has broken make

От
Alvaro Herrera
Tom Lane wrote:
> Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> writes:
> > yeah the "code coverage" changes broke it - the buildfarm dashboard is
> > pretty telling:
>
> Yes --- it looks like the configure.in patch is designed to look for
> gcov AND lcov (do we really need both?) AND genhtml, and error out
> if they're not present, even if you didn't say --enable-coverage.
> Please fix.

gcov and lcov do different things; they are both needed.  lcov is a GNU
extension of gcov, which generates the HTML pages.

Re: CVS head has broken make

От
"Merlin Moncure"
Дата:
On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 2:52 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> writes:
>> > yeah the "code coverage" changes broke it - the buildfarm dashboard is
>> > pretty telling:
>>
>> Yes --- it looks like the configure.in patch is designed to look for
>> gcov AND lcov (do we really need both?) AND genhtml, and error out
>> if they're not present, even if you didn't say --enable-coverage.
>> Please fix.
>
> gcov and lcov do different things; they are both needed.  lcov is a GNU
> extension of gcov, which generates the HTML pages.

just confirmed that this is fixed.

merlin