Обсуждение: Search for version-numbered tclsh?

Search for version-numbered tclsh?

Дата:
I notice that the recent patch to enforce finding a tclsh broke a couple
of buildfarm machines.  On reflection, I remember that recent Tcl
versions don't automatically create a 'tclsh' symlink, only a
version-numbered program such as 'tclsh8.3'.  I suggest that maybe we
ought to allow that without forcing people to set TCLSH manually.
Perhaps have PGAC_PATH_TCLSH do
AC_PATH_PROGS(TCLSH, [tclsh tcl tclsh8.5 tclsh8.4 tclsh8.3])

or some such.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Search for version-numbered tclsh?

От
Andrew Dunstan

Tom Lane wrote:
> I notice that the recent patch to enforce finding a tclsh broke a couple
> of buildfarm machines.  On reflection, I remember that recent Tcl
> versions don't automatically create a 'tclsh' symlink, only a
> version-numbered program such as 'tclsh8.3'.  I suggest that maybe we
> ought to allow that without forcing people to set TCLSH manually.
> Perhaps have PGAC_PATH_TCLSH do
>
>     AC_PATH_PROGS(TCLSH, [tclsh tcl tclsh8.5 tclsh8.4 tclsh8.3])
>
> or some such.

Bleah. I guess we'll have to.

cheers

andrew

Re: Search for version-numbered tclsh?

От
Alvaro Herrera
Tom Lane wrote:

> Perhaps have PGAC_PATH_TCLSH do
>
>     AC_PATH_PROGS(TCLSH, [tclsh tcl tclsh8.5 tclsh8.4 tclsh8.3])
>
> or some such.

Applied.