Обсуждение: deadlock_timeout

deadlock_timeout

От
Simon Riggs
Дата:
Why is deadlock_timeout set at SIGHUP?

If it effects statement behaviour it ought to be a USERSET. Using CPU
time isn't a problem we protect against anywhere else.

I'd like to be able to set deadlock-prone transactions lower, yet keep a
fairly high setting for others.

Re: deadlock_timeout

Дата:
> Why is deadlock_timeout set at SIGHUP?

Because it's not clear what the behavior would be like if different
backends had different settings ... except that it'd probably be
surprising.
        regards, tom lane

Re: deadlock_timeout

От
Simon Riggs
Дата:
> > Why is deadlock_timeout set at SIGHUP?
>
> Because it's not clear what the behavior would be like if different
> backends had different settings ... except that it'd probably be
> surprising.

Yeh, agreed. I was thinking to set the deadlock_timeout the same for all
people running the deadlock-prone transactions and set it higher for
others.

Re: deadlock_timeout

Tom Lane wrote:
> > Why is deadlock_timeout set at SIGHUP?
>
> Because it's not clear what the behavior would be like if different
> backends had different settings ... except that it'd probably be
> surprising.

I have added a code comment explaining this.

http://enterprisedb.com