Обсуждение:

yuan fang
Дата:
i am studying the source code of postgresql and want to become a developer of it.What should i do?<br />thanks<br
/><br/><hr />Explore the seven wonders of the world <a
href="http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=7+wonders+world&mkt=en-US&form=QBRE"target="_new">Learn more!</a>

Re:

От
"Harald Armin Massa"
Дата:
Yuan,

Welcome!

To get you going till someone of quite higher blessing then me can
answer, some helpfull links:

http://www.postgresql.org/developer/

on this page specially the following sections:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Developer_FAQ

if you are looking for a concrete job to do

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.TODO.html

Subscribing to -hackers and saying "hello" was also a wise thing to do!

Best wishes,

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare

Re:

От
Greg Smith
Дата:
On Wed, 25 Jun 2008, yuan fang wrote:

> i am studying the source code of postgresql and want to become a
> developer of it.What should i do?

1) If you send e-mail to pgsql-hackers, include a useful subject

2) Read the intros at http://www.postgresql.org/developer/

3) For browsing the code itself, I like
http://doxygen.postgresql.org/

4) Notes on how to deal with version control issues, patch submission, and
to find out what development is going on currently are all at
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Development_information