Обсуждение: windows builds hanging on regression checks

windows builds hanging on regression checks

От
Andrew Dunstan
Дата:
Something committed in about the last 24 hours or so has caused my
Windows buildfarm members to hang completely while running the
regression tests. It's happened for both MinGW and MSVC builds.

To get the buildfarm run to complete in some fashion, I had to kill 2
psql processes, and then 2 dwwin processes. The result was this:
http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=dawn_bat&dt=2008-05-17%2012:28:51

The most likely candidate looks to me like this one :"Implement error
checking for pthreads calls in thread-safe mode." but that's just a guess.

cheers

andrew

Re: windows builds hanging on regression checks

Дата:
> Something committed in about the last 24 hours or so has caused my
> Windows buildfarm members to hang completely while running the
> regression tests. It's happened for both MinGW and MSVC builds.

baiji and dawn_bat are both green now, so apparently Stefan was correct
to guess that the array indexing bug in psql/print.c was the problem.
I don't understand, however, how that manifested as a hang and not
a core dump.  Does Windows not treat bogus pointer dereference the
same as everyone else does?
        regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:

>> Something committed in about the last 24 hours or so has caused my
>> Windows buildfarm members to hang completely while running the
>> regression tests. It's happened for both MinGW and MSVC builds.
>>

> baiji and dawn_bat are both green now, so apparently Stefan was correct
> to guess that the array indexing bug in psql/print.c was the problem.
> I don't understand, however, how that manifested as a hang and not
> a core dump.  Does Windows not treat bogus pointer dereference the
> same as everyone else does?

Yes, it does. What hung apparently was the Dr Watson error reporting
tool. I think I've disabled it for everything but the OS now.

cheers

andrew