Обсуждение: clone varlena function

clone varlena function

От
"Pavel Stehule"
Дата:
Hello,

I am cleaning orafce module and I would to eliminate duplicit code
with core. Is in core similar macro or function?

text*
ora_clone_text(text *t)
{       text *result;
       result = palloc(VARSIZE(t));       SET_VARSIZE(result, VARSIZE(t));       memcpy(VARDATA(result), VARDATA(t),
VARSIZE(t)- VARHDRSZ);

       return result;
}

It can be used for any varlena datatype.

Thank you
Pavel Stehule

Re: clone varlena function

Дата:
"Pavel Stehule" <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> writes:
> I am cleaning orafce module and I would to eliminate duplicit code
> with core. Is in core similar macro or function?

datumCopy?
        regards, tom lane

Re: clone varlena function

От
"Pavel Stehule"
Дата:
> "Pavel Stehule" <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> writes:
> > I am cleaning orafce module and I would to eliminate duplicit code
> > with core. Is in core similar macro or function?
>
> datumCopy?

yes, it is it.

thank you

Pavel Stehule