Обсуждение: Benchmark for GiST index?

Benchmark for GiST index?

От
"Koichi Suzuki"
Дата:
Hi,

Does anybody have an information about GiST index benchmark?  I'm
planning to run GiST benchmark and analyze WAL structure to see PG's
dynamic behavior.

Regards;

------
Koichi Suzuki

Re: Benchmark for GiST index?

От
Teodor Sigaev
Дата:
What kind of benchmark? I have benchmark for text search
http://www.sigaev.ru/cvsweb/cvsweb.cgi/ftsbench/
and several others, based on it.

Koichi Suzuki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anybody have an information about GiST index benchmark?  I'm
> planning to run GiST benchmark and analyze WAL structure to see PG's
> dynamic behavior.
>
> Regards;
>
> ------
> Koichi Suzuki

  WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/

Re: Benchmark for GiST index?

От
"Koichi Suzuki"
Дата:
I'm trying to run some GiST activities and see XLOG record structure.

README tells it runs PG8.2 or later.   Does it run with PG8.3beta4?
It seems to depend upon tsearch2 in contrib.

--
------
Koichi Suzuki

Re: Benchmark for GiST index?

От
Oleg Bartunov
Дата:
On Thu, 20 Dec 2007, Koichi Suzuki wrote:

> I'm trying to run some GiST activities and see XLOG record structure.

Koichi, I tested update speed of GiST and GIN
http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/wiki/GinTestUpdate
It should generate a lot  XLOG traffic.

> README tells it runs PG8.2 or later.   Does it run with PG8.3beta4?
> It seems to depend upon tsearch2 in contrib.
>
> 2007/12/20, Teodor Sigaev <teodor@sigaev.ru>:
>> What kind of benchmark? I have benchmark for text search
>> http://www.sigaev.ru/cvsweb/cvsweb.cgi/ftsbench/
>> and several others, based on it.
>>

>> Koichi Suzuki wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Does anybody have an information about GiST index benchmark?  I'm
>>> planning to run GiST benchmark and analyze WAL structure to see PG's
>>> dynamic behavior.
>>>
>>> Regards;
>>>
>>> ------
>>> Koichi Suzuki
>>>
>>> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
>>> TIP 3: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?
>>>
>>>                http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq
>>
>> --
>> Teodor Sigaev                                   E-mail: teodor@sigaev.ru
>>                                                     WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/

    Regards,        Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83

Re: Benchmark for GiST index?

От
"Koichi Suzuki"
Дата:
Oleg;

Thanks for the information.  I'll try your code.