Обсуждение: tsearch2 documentation done

tsearch2 documentation done

Дата:
I am now satisified with the tsearch2 documentation in SGML and have
marked the item as complete for 8.3.

--  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>          http://momjian.us EnterpriseDB
http://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: tsearch2 documentation done

От
Oleg Bartunov
Дата:
On Thu, 13 Sep 2007, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I am now satisified with the tsearch2 documentation in SGML and have
> marked the item as complete for 8.3.

what's about examples ? They certainly need updating.
For example, http://momjian.us/main/writings/pgsql/sgml/textsearch-rule-dictionary-example.html
need to change

#include "utils/ts_locale.h"
#include "utils/ts_public.h"
#include "utils/ts_utils.h"

#include "tsearch/ts_locale.h"
#include "tsearch/ts_public.h"
#include "tsearch/ts_utils.h"

    Regards,        Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83

Re: tsearch2 documentation done

Дата:
Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> writes:
> On Thu, 13 Sep 2007, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> I am now satisified with the tsearch2 documentation in SGML and have
>> marked the item as complete for 8.3.

> what's about examples ? They certainly need updating.

Bruce might be satisfied, but I'm not ... feel free to hack away on the docs.

> For example, http://momjian.us/main/writings/pgsql/sgml/textsearch-rule-dictionary-example.html
> need to change

I'd much prefer to see the C-code examples pushed out to contrib
modules.  There is no way we can test or maintain things that are
embedded in SGML examples.
        regards, tom lane

Re: tsearch2 documentation done

Дата:
Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Sep 2007, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > I am now satisified with the tsearch2 documentation in SGML and have
> > marked the item as complete for 8.3.
>
> what's about examples ? They certainly need updating.
> For example, http://momjian.us/main/writings/pgsql/sgml/textsearch-rule-dictionary-example.html
> need to change
>
> #include "utils/ts_locale.h"
> #include "utils/ts_public.h"
> #include "utils/ts_utils.h"

> #include "tsearch/ts_locale.h"
> #include "tsearch/ts_public.h"
> #include "tsearch/ts_utils.h"

Updated.  Thanks.

Tom Lane wrote:
> Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> writes:
> > On Thu, 13 Sep 2007, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >> I am now satisified with the tsearch2 documentation in SGML and have
> >> marked the item as complete for 8.3.
>
> > what's about examples ? They certainly need updating.
>
> Bruce might be satisfied, but I'm not ... feel free to hack away on the docs.

Yes, it still needs more work, but it is done enough that the feature is
ready for beta.

--  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>          http://momjian.us EnterpriseDB
http://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: tsearch2 documentation done

От
Oleg Bartunov
Дата:
On Fri, 14 Sep 2007, Tom Lane wrote:

> Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> writes:
>> On Thu, 13 Sep 2007, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>>> I am now satisified with the tsearch2 documentation in SGML and have
>>> marked the item as complete for 8.3.
>
>> what's about examples ? They certainly need updating.
>
> Bruce might be satisfied, but I'm not ... feel free to hack away on the docs.
>
>> For example, http://momjian.us/main/writings/pgsql/sgml/textsearch-rule-dictionary-example.html
>> need to change
>
> I'd much prefer to see the C-code examples pushed out to contrib
> modules.  There is no way we can test or maintain things that are
> embedded in SGML examples.

What if we prepare contrib/ts_pack with all examples from documentation
and couple of useful dictionaries ?

>             regards, tom lane

    Regards,        Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83

Re: tsearch2 documentation done

Дата:
Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> writes:
> What if we prepare contrib/ts_pack with all examples from documentation
> and couple of useful dictionaries ?

OK by me...
        regards, tom lane