Обсуждение: Sorting the Stop word lists

Sorting the Stop word lists

От
Simon Riggs
Дата:
I notice we sort the stop word list after we read it into memory.

Wouldn't it be easier to

1. Sort the stopword lists in the main distribution

2. Require them to be sorted

3. Remove the sort from readstoplist()

We should at very least do (1) to improve the sort speed at start.

--  Simon Riggs 2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com

Re: Sorting the Stop word lists

От
Teodor Sigaev
Дата:
> 1. Sort the stopword lists in the main distribution
> 2. Require them to be sorted
> 3. Remove the sort from readstoplist()
I don't believe that will a big win in performance - lists are rather small. And
it needed to add check of sorting

  WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/

Re: Sorting the Stop word lists

Дата:
> I notice we sort the stop word list after we read it into memory.

I see nothing wrong with that; it only happens once per backend session,
and it makes maintenance of the files easier.
        regards, tom lane