Обсуждение: Replacement of readline by libedit in PostgreSQL 8.1.x

Replacement of readline by libedit in PostgreSQL 8.1.x

От
Dhanaraj M
Дата:
Hi all,

In 8.2.x version of postgres, there is a configuration switch
--with-libedit-preferred  prefer BSD Libedit over GNU Readline.
However, I don't see this switch in 8.1.x.
Since people still use 8.1.x version, is there any plan to back-port
this feature?
If so, I like to work on this.

Thanks
Dhanaraj

Re: Replacement of readline by libedit in PostgreSQL 8.1.x

От
Andrew Dunstan
Дата:
Dhanaraj M wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In 8.2.x version of postgres, there is a configuration switch
> --with-libedit-preferred  prefer BSD Libedit over GNU Readline.
> However, I don't see this switch in 8.1.x.
> Since people still use 8.1.x version, is there any plan to back-port
> this feature?
> If so, I like to work on this.

Policy is that we don't backport features. That is one of the ways in
which we guarantee stability in the released branches.

IIRC there are ways to build earlier releases with libedit. Note that
psql is the only place where this is used.

cheers

andrew