Обсуждение: PthreadGC2 of MinGW is not linked.

PthreadGC2 of MinGW is not linked.

От
"Hiroshi Saito"
Дата:
Hi Magnus.

configure was changed the cvs head.
Is this what you intended it?_?

I think necessary to recover it.

*** configure.orig      Tue Apr  3 17:51:06 2007
--- configure   Tue Apr  3 17:52:21 2007
***************
*** 16732,16739 **** # For each platform, we need to know about any special compile and link # libraries, and whether
thenormal C function names are thread-safe. # See the comment at the top of src/port/thread.c for more information.

! # WIN32 doesn't need the pthread tests;  it always uses threads
! if test "$enable_thread_safety" = yes -a "$PORTNAME" != "win32"; then

--- 16732,16738 ---- # For each platform, we need to know about any special compile and link # libraries, and whether
thenormal C function names are thread-safe. # See the comment at the top of src/port/thread.c for more information.

! if test "$enable_thread_safety" = yes; then

Am I misunderstanding it?

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

Re: PthreadGC2 of MinGW is not linked.

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 06:06:16PM +0900, Hiroshi Saito wrote:
> Hi Magnus.
>
> configure was changed the cvs head.
> Is this what you intended it?_?
>
> I think necessary to recover it.
>
> *** configure.orig      Tue Apr  3 17:51:06 2007
> --- configure   Tue Apr  3 17:52:21 2007
> ***************
> *** 16732,16739 ****
>  # For each platform, we need to know about any special compile and link
>  # libraries, and whether the normal C function names are thread-safe.
>  # See the comment at the top of src/port/thread.c for more information.
> ! # WIN32 doesn't need the pthread tests;  it always uses threads
> ! if test "$enable_thread_safety" = yes -a "$PORTNAME" != "win32"; then
>

> --- 16732,16738 ----
>  # For each platform, we need to know about any special compile and link
>  # libraries, and whether the normal C function names are thread-safe.
>  # See the comment at the top of src/port/thread.c for more information.
> ! if test "$enable_thread_safety" = yes; then
>
> Am I misunderstanding it?

That is intended. With the changes that was put in to ecpg, pthreads is no
longer required. We use the native threading on Windows instead.

Also, enable_thread_safety is now the default for windows :-)

//Magnus

Re: PthreadGC2 of MinGW is not linked.

От
"Hiroshi Saito"
Дата:
Hi.

>> Am I misunderstanding it?
>
> That is intended. With the changes that was put in to ecpg, pthreads is no
> longer required. We use the native threading on Windows instead.
>
> Also, enable_thread_safety is now the default for windows :-)

Ooops, Isn't pthreadGC2 necessary?
Slony-I is still used...Ahh, I have not confirmed it yet.
I was too busy and did not catch up with you....
I start the work at once.  Thanks!

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

Re: PthreadGC2 of MinGW is not linked.

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 06:16:26PM +0900, Hiroshi Saito wrote:
> Hi.
>
> >>Am I misunderstanding it?
> >
> >That is intended. With the changes that was put in to ecpg, pthreads is no
> >longer required. We use the native threading on Windows instead.
> >
> >Also, enable_thread_safety is now the default for windows :-)
>
> Ooops, Isn't pthreadGC2 necessary?

Not any more.

> Slony-I is still used...Ahh, I have not confirmed it yet.

Slony uses it, yes. It would probably be worthwhile to fix that one as
well, but I haven't looked at how much work that would be.

//Magnus

Re: PthreadGC2 of MinGW is not linked.

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 06:16:26PM +0900, Hiroshi Saito wrote:
>> Slony-I is still used...Ahh, I have not confirmed it yet.
>
> Slony uses it, yes. It would probably be worthwhile to fix that one as
> well, but I haven't looked at how much work that would be.

And to port the build system to msbuild...

:-)

/D

From: "Dave Page" <dpage@postgresql.org>

> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 06:16:26PM +0900, Hiroshi Saito wrote:
>>> Slony-I is still used...Ahh, I have not confirmed it yet.
>>
>> Slony uses it, yes. It would probably be worthwhile to fix that one as
>> well, but I haven't looked at how much work that would be.
>
> And to port the build system to msbuild...
>
> :-)

Ugaa, Probably, I expected for fear of it. :-)
Furthermore, PostGIS is required. For the time being, it is necessary
to fight with the nightmare. I was able to give good environment.
It will be desired. surely :-)

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito