Обсуждение: EAN barcode datatype

EAN barcode datatype

От
Enrico
Дата:
I'm writing a little contrib for postgresql,
to handle ean barcode datatype.

It contains operators and functions like ISBN datatype,
and it also contains a check digit function to
control right or wrong inserts.

Can this code is useful for postgresql community?

Now, I'm testing my code on EAN 13 barcode
and when it will be ready, I will can send it to you
if you want.

Regards
Enrico

--
If Bill Gates had a penny for everytime Windows crashed,he'd be a multi-billionaire by now .......oh look, he already
is!!!!

scotty@linuxtime.it - Skype:sscotty71
http://www.linuxtime.it/enricopirozzi

Re: EAN barcode datatype

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 04:05:08PM +0100, Enrico wrote:
> I'm writing a little contrib for postgresql,
> to handle ean barcode datatype.
>
> It contains operators and functions like ISBN datatype,
> and it also contains a check digit function to
> control right or wrong inserts.
>
> Can this code is useful for postgresql community?

Are you familiar with the contrib/ian module that will be in 8.2?

--
Michael Fuhr

Re: EAN barcode datatype

От
Andrew Dunstan
Enrico wrote:
> I'm writing a little contrib for postgresql,
> to handle ean barcode datatype.
>
> It contains operators and functions like ISBN datatype,
> and it also contains a check digit function to
> control right or wrong inserts.
>
> Can this code is useful for postgresql community?
>
> Now, I'm testing my code on EAN 13 barcode
> and when it will be ready, I will can send it to you
> if you want.

This could be a piece of wheel reinvention. Please see
http://pgfoundry.org/projects/gtin/

cheers

andrew

Re: EAN barcode datatype

От
Enrico
Дата:
On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 10:20:38 -0500
Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:

> This could be a piece of wheel reinvention. Please see
> http://pgfoundry.org/projects/gtin/

I didn't know this project, I arrived later... :(

Thanks
Enrico
--
If Bill Gates had a penny for everytime Windows crashed,he'd be a multi-billionaire by now .......oh look, he already
is!!!!

scotty@linuxtime.it - Skype:sscotty71
http://www.linuxtime.it/enricopirozzi

Re: EAN barcode datatype

От
Enrico
Дата:
> Are you familiar with the contrib/ian module that will be in 8.2?
>
> --
> Michael Fuhr

I develepped this code on 8.0.x version, for my work, but I can always study :)

Enrico