Обсуждение: UDF and cache

От:
"jungmin shin"

Hello all,

I read a paper,  which is Query optimization in the presence of Foreign Functions.
And the paper , there is a paragraph like below.

In order to reduce the number of invocations, caching  the results of invocation was suggested in Postgres.

I'd like to know in detail about how postgres is maintaing the cache of UDFs.

Thanks,
Jungmin

--
Jungmin Shin
От:

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 05:15:13PM -0400, jungmin shin wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I read a paper,  which is Query optimization in the presence of Foreign
> Functions.
> And the paper , there is a paragraph like below.
>
> In order to reduce the number of invocations, caching  the results of
> invocation was suggested in Postgres.
>
> I'd like to know in detail about how postgres is maintaing the cache of
> UDFs.

It's not. See list archives for past discussions.
--
Jim Nasby

От:
"Jim C. Nasby"

And PLEASE do not post something to 3 lists; it's a lot of extra traffic
for no reason.

Moving to -hackers.

--
Jim Nasby