Обсуждение: SQL:2003 Statistical functions - What are they?

SQL:2003 Statistical functions - What are they?

От
"Obe, Regina"
Дата:
I'm not sure this is the right group to ask this.  I see that the 8.2
notes say all SQL:2003 statistical functions are implemented in 8.2, but
I couldn't find a listing for those anywhere I looked.

For those who are clueless like me,  can someone provide a listing of
what these functions are?

Thanks,
Regina

confidential, legally
privileged and/or exempt from disclosure pursuant to Massachusetts
law. It is intended
contact the sender and
delete the material from any computer.

Re: SQL:2003 Statistical functions - What are they?

От
"Merlin Moncure"
Дата:
On 10/4/06, Obe, Regina <robe.dnd@cityofboston.gov> wrote:
> I'm not sure this is the right group to ask this.  I see that the 8.2
> notes say all SQL:2003 statistical functions are implemented in 8.2, but
> I couldn't find a listing for those anywhere I looked.
>
> For those who are clueless like me,  can someone provide a listing of
> what these functions are?

look in the aggregate functions (9.15) section of the developers documentation.
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/index.html

However, the release notes mentioned array improvements and I didn't
see anything in the documentation, are these functions listed
somewhere?

merlin

Re: SQL:2003 Statistical functions - What are they?

Дата:
Merlin Moncure wrote:
> On 10/4/06, Obe, Regina <robe.dnd@cityofboston.gov> wrote:
> > I'm not sure this is the right group to ask this.  I see that the 8.2
> > notes say all SQL:2003 statistical functions are implemented in 8.2, but
> > I couldn't find a listing for those anywhere I looked.
> >
> > For those who are clueless like me,  can someone provide a listing of
> > what these functions are?
>

> look in the aggregate functions (9.15) section of the developers documentation.
> http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/index.html
>
> However, the release notes mentioned array improvements and I didn't
> see anything in the documentation, are these functions listed
> somewhere?

From release notes:
      <para>       New functions:  <function>regr_intercept()</>,       <function>regr_slope()</>,
<function>regr_r2()</>,      <function>corr()</>, <function>covar_samp()</>,       <function>covar_pop()</>,
<function>regr_avgx()</>,      <function>regr_avgy()</>, <function>regr_sxy()</>,       <function>regr_sxx()</>,
<function>regr_syy()</>,      <function>regr_count()</>.      </para>     </listitem>

Re: SQL:2003 Statistical functions - What are they?

От
Bruno Wolff III
Дата:
On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 08:46:14 -0400, "Obe, Regina" <robe.dnd@cityofboston.gov> wrote:
> I'm not sure this is the right group to ask this.  I see that the 8.2
> notes say all SQL:2003 statistical functions are implemented in 8.2, but
> I couldn't find a listing for those anywhere I looked.
>
> For those who are clueless like me,  can someone provide a listing of
> what these functions are?

They are grouped under aggregate functions. See:
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/functions-aggregate.html#FUNCTIONS-AGGREGATE-STATISTICS-TABLE