Обсуждение: Template0 age is increasing speedily.

Template0 age is increasing speedily.

От
"Nimesh Satam"
Дата:
Hi!..

I noticed that the age of  template0 is increasing very rapidly..Can you please let me know how we can control this ....and what causes such problems.

We also noticed that the database slow downs heavily at a particular time..Can you suggest any tools which will help in diagnosing the root cause behiond the data load.

Regards,
Nimesh.

Re: Template0 age is increasing speedily.

От
"Merlin Moncure"
Дата:
On 9/7/06, Nimesh Satam <nimesh.zedo@gmail.com> wrote:
> We also noticed that the database slow downs heavily at a particular
> time..Can you suggest any tools which will help in diagnosing the root cause
> behiond the data load.

possible checkpoint?  poorly formulated query?  it could be any number
of things.  use standard tools to diagnose the problem, including:

unix tools: top, vmstat, etc
postgresql query logging, including min_statement_duration
explain analyze