Обсуждение: checking on buildfarm member thrush

checking on buildfarm member thrush

Дата:
I'm trying to determine why thrush has been failing on PG CVS HEAD for
the past few days.  Could you try running the attached program on that
machine, and see what it prints?  I suspect it will dump core :-(

Note: you might need to use -D_GNU_SOURCE to get it to compile at all.
        regards, tom lane

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <errno.h>
#include <fcntl.h>

int
main()
{if (posix_fadvise(fileno(stdin), 0, 0, POSIX_FADV_DONTNEED))    printf("failed: %s\n", strerror(errno));else
printf("OK\n");return0;

}

Re: checking on buildfarm member thrush

От
Gaetano Mendola
Tom Lane wrote:
> I'm trying to determine why thrush has been failing on PG CVS HEAD for
> the past few days.  Could you try running the attached program on that
> machine, and see what it prints?  I suspect it will dump core :-(
>
> Note: you might need to use -D_GNU_SOURCE to get it to compile at all.
>
>             regards, tom lane
>

> #include <stdio.h>
> #include <stdlib.h>
> #include <string.h>
> #include <errno.h>
> #include <fcntl.h>
>
> int
> main()
> {
>     if (posix_fadvise(fileno(stdin), 0, 0, POSIX_FADV_DONTNEED))
>         printf("failed: %s\n", strerror(errno));
>     else
>         printf("OK\n");
>     return 0;
> }

$ gcc -D_GNU_SOURCE tom.c  -o tom
$ ./tom
failed: Success

Regards
Gaetano Mendola

Re: checking on buildfarm member thrush

Дата:
Gaetano Mendola <mendola@bigfoot.com> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> I'm trying to determine why thrush has been failing on PG CVS HEAD for
>> the past few days.  Could you try running the attached program on that
>> machine, and see what it prints?  I suspect it will dump core :-(

> $ gcc -D_GNU_SOURCE tom.c  -o tom
> $ ./tom
> failed: Success

Hmph.  Well, that destroys the posix_fadvise-dumps-core theory, and
leaves us still wondering why thrush is failing "make check".
There's been a core dump recently introduced *somewhere*:

NOTICE:  type reference hobbies_r.person%TYPE converted to text
LOG:  server process (PID 2818) was terminated by signal 11
LOG:  terminating any other active server processes

Could you get a gdb stack trace from that crash?  If the buildfarm
run is under a suitable ulimit, it should be leaving a core file
in the test PGDATA directory.
        regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:

> Could you get a gdb stack trace from that crash?  If the buildfarm
> run is under a suitable ulimit, it should be leaving a core file
> in the test PGDATA directory.

Unfortunately the core size for the user pgfarm is 0:

$ulimit -c
0

However I did a configure, make and make check on regression test
and I got two cores, may be I do something wrong but I'm not able
to get any information.

Configured with:

./configure --prefix=/home/pgfarm/HEAD/inst --enable-cassert --enable-debug --enable-nls --enable-integer-datetimes
--with-perl--with-python --with-tcl

$ gdb tmp_check/install/home/pgfarm/HEAD/inst/bin/postgres ./tmp_check/data/core.6516
GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (5.3.90-0.20030710.41rh)
This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux-gnu"...Using host libthread_db library "/lib/tls/libthread_db.so.1".

warning: core file may not match specified executable file.
Core was generated by `postgres: pgfarm regression [local] COMMENT                                   '.
Reading symbols from /lib/libcrypt.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libcrypt.so.1
Reading symbols from /lib/libdl.so.2...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libdl.so.2
Reading symbols from /lib/tls/libm.so.6...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/tls/libm.so.6
Reading symbols from /lib/tls/libc.so.6...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/tls/libc.so.6
Reading symbols from /lib/ld-linux.so.2...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/ld-linux.so.2
Reading symbols from /lib/libnss_files.so.2...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libnss_files.so.2
#0  0x00000005 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00000005 in ?? ()
#1  0x00004000 in ?? ()