Обсуждение: adding a new catalog

adding a new catalog

От
andrew
Дата:
Hi

I am trying to add a new catalog to the system. I had followed the
instructions in the comments. Now I can see the definition of the new
catalog table and its index in file "postgres.bki" after doing make.

However, initdb still did not create the new catalog table.  From the
debug information of initdb, it only creates other catalogs. What
steps did I miss here?

--
andrew

Re: adding a new catalog

От
Alvaro Herrera
andrew wrote:

> I am trying to add a new catalog to the system. I had followed the
> instructions in the comments. Now I can see the definition of the new
> catalog table and its index in file "postgres.bki" after doing make.
>
> However, initdb still did not create the new catalog table.  From the
> debug information of initdb, it only creates other catalogs. What
> steps did I miss here?

Are you sure that the postgres.bki file that initdb is picking up
contains your modifications?  i.e. did you "make install" in the whole
source tree?

Re: adding a new catalog

От
andrew
Дата:
oh, my mistake. I only do "make install-bin". Now it is successfully
created. Thanks.

On 2/8/06, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> andrew wrote:
>
> > I am trying to add a new catalog to the system. I had followed the
> > instructions in the comments. Now I can see the definition of the new
> > catalog table and its index in file "postgres.bki" after doing make.
> >
> > However, initdb still did not create the new catalog table.  From the
> > debug information of initdb, it only creates other catalogs. What
> > steps did I miss here?
>
> Are you sure that the postgres.bki file that initdb is picking up
> contains your modifications?  i.e. did you "make install" in the whole
> source tree?
>
> --
> Alvaro Herrera                                http://www.CommandPrompt.com/

andrew