Обсуждение: nicer error out in initdb?

nicer error out in initdb?

От
Andrew Dunstan

If we find at the bottom of test_config_settings() that we have not been
able to run successfully at all (i.e. status != 0 at about line 1183 of
initdb.c) is there any point in continuing? Don't we know that we are
bound to fail at the template1 creation stage? Maybe we should just exit
nicely when we do know this.

cheers

andrew

Re: nicer error out in initdb?

Дата:
> If we find at the bottom of test_config_settings() that we have not been
> able to run successfully at all (i.e. status != 0 at about line 1183 of
> initdb.c) is there any point in continuing? Don't we know that we are
> bound to fail at the template1 creation stage? Maybe we should just exit
> nicely when we do know this.

Nope: since we've been suppressing stderr, "exit nicely" here would
translate as "refuse to provide any information about the problem".
The existing behavior is just fine.
        regards, tom lane