Обсуждение: DTrace?

DTrace?

От
karen hill
Дата:
I skimmed the thread "Spinlocks, yet again: analysis
and proposed patches".  Wouldn't Solaris 10's DTrace
be helpful in seeing what's going on?  It seems DTrace
was meant for these types of problems.

__________________________________
http://farechase.yahoo.com

Re: DTrace?

От
Aly Dharshi
Дата:
 From what I understand DTrace is rather tough to use. Secondly it will provide
Solaris only information, so if you are suggesting helpfulness for just Solaris,
then yes it would be. I don't think that DTrace is available for Solaris 8 and
9, the company I work for is still on 8 with possibly some 7's hanging around
somewhere, which is where I expect alot of people to still be, Solaris 10 hasn't
been adopted as widely as expected by Sun, it may gain some momentum with
OpenSolaris, but we shall have to see.

karen hill wrote:
> I skimmed the thread "Spinlocks, yet again: analysis
> and proposed patches".  Wouldn't Solaris 10's DTrace
> be helpful in seeing what's going on?  It seems DTrace
> was meant for these types of problems.
>

> __________________________________
> http://farechase.yahoo.com

Aly S.P Dharshi
aly.dharshi@telus.net
 "A good speech is like a good dress  that's short enough to be interesting  and long enough to cover the subject"

Re: DTrace?

От
"Jim C. Nasby"
Дата:
There is work going on to add dtrace support to FreeBSD, which I expect
could migrate to the other BSDs as well. AFAIK *BSD is actually more
popular among the developers than linux, so dtrace support could well
happen.