Обсуждение: current_user versus current_role

current_user versus current_role

От
"Pavel Stehule"
Дата:
hello

I used info from current_user for log. about some operations (who, when,
..). What I can see, current_user is equal current_role function. I had
problem with it, because user (if is member of any group role) can change
his identity. example: peter is member of role users. But peter can do set
role to users. From this moment I lost possibility of get identity if user,
because current_user returns users and not peter. I can check it (if some
user changed identity) ~ by exampl. test if role has login privilegia, and
if not I can stop any operations.

But Is there some possibility get identity of user without impact of change
of role? (default role?)

thank you
Pavel Stehule

Chcete sdilet sve obrazky a hudbu s prateli? http://messenger.msn.cz/

Re: current_user versus current_role

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 03:17:25PM +0200, Pavel Stehule wrote:

Hi,

> I used info from current_user for log. about some operations (who, when,
> ..). What I can see, current_user is equal current_role function. I had
> problem with it, because user (if is member of any group role) can change
> his identity. example: peter is member of role users. But peter can do set
> role to users. From this moment I lost possibility of get identity if user,
> because current_user returns users and not peter. I can check it (if some
> user changed identity) ~ by exampl. test if role has login privilegia, and
> if not I can stop any operations.

I believe you can use session_user for this.

--
Alvaro Herrera                           Developer, http://www.PostgreSQL.org
"Amanece.                                               (Ignacio Reyes)El Cerro San Cristóbal me mira, cínicamente, con

Re: current_user versus current_role SOLVED

От
"Pavel Stehule"

>Hi,
>
> > I used info from current_user for log. about some operations (who, when,
> > ..). What I can see, current_user is equal current_role function. I had
> > problem with it, because user (if is member of any group role) can
>change
> > his identity. example: peter is member of role users. But peter can do
>set
> > role to users. From this moment I lost possibility of get identity if
>user,
> > because current_user returns users and not peter. I can check it (if
>some
> > user changed identity) ~ by exampl. test if role has login privilegia,
>and
> > if not I can stop any operations.
>
>I believe you can use session_user for this.
>
>--
it's exactly it what I want.

Thank You
Pavel Stehule