Обсуждение: SetOf Functions

SetOf Functions

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Hello,

O.k. I know I can do:

CREATE FUNCTION foo() RETURNS SET OF text AS ' ' language SQL;

Does anyone else think it would be nice to be able to do:

CREATE FUNCTION foo() RETURNS SET OF text,int4,float,timestamp AS ' '
language SQL;

?

We could even extend it farther:

CREATE FUNCTION foo() RETURNS SET OF text AS first_name, int4 AS id etc....

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Re: SetOf Functions

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Josh,

> CREATE FUNCTION foo() RETURNS SET OF text,int4,float,timestamp AS ' '
> language SQL;

You can effectively do this with the new INOUT syntax.  Check it out in the
8.1devel docs.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: SetOf Functions

От
"Joshua D. Drake"

> You mean like this?
>
> create type bar (firstname text, id int);
> create function foo() returns setof bar as ' ' language sql;

No. I am aware I can do that ;) I don't want to have to create
the type ahead of time :)

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> cheers
>
> andrew

Re: SetOf Functions

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Josh,
>

>>CREATE FUNCTION foo() RETURNS SET OF text,int4,float,timestamp AS ' '
>>language SQL;
>

> You can effectively do this with the new INOUT syntax.  Check it out in the
> 8.1devel docs.

Cool thanks... (takes note to document in the book)

Re: SetOf Functions

От
Andrew Dunstan