Обсуждение: DROP GROUP leaves permissions a mess ...

DROP GROUP leaves permissions a mess ...

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
Using an 8.0.3 database, if I do:

CREATE GROUP testgrp WITH USER pgsql;
GRANT ALL ON timezone TO GROUP testgrp;
DROP GROUP testgrp;

The table permissions still contain the reference to the 'group':
 public | timezone                | table    | {pgsql=arwdRxt/pgsql,"group 100=arwdRxt/pgsql"}

And you can't REVOKE those permissions afterwards:

ams=# REVOKE ALL ON timezone FROM GROUP testgrp;
ERROR:  group "testgrp" does not exist
ams=# REVOKE ALL ON timezone FROM GROUP "100";
ERROR:  group "100" does not exist

Should there not be an ERROR returned when you try and drop a user/group
that has permissions on a table in the database, to prevent this?

Re: DROP GROUP leaves permissions a mess ...

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 07:02:37PM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Should there not be an ERROR returned when you try and drop a user/group
> that has permissions on a table in the database, to prevent this?

Yes, this is a long-standing known bug and has been fixed in 8.1.

"La Primavera ha venido. Nadie sabe como ha sido" (A. Machado)

Re: DROP GROUP leaves permissions a mess ...

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
* Marc G. Fournier (scrappy@postgresql.org) wrote:
> Should there not be an ERROR returned when you try and drop a user/group
> that has permissions on a table in the database, to prevent this?

That's exactly what the shared-dependency patch that was recently
applied to CVS HEAD is supposed to deal with, I believe...
Stephen