Обсуждение: regression failure on stats test

regression failure on stats test

Дата:
FYI, I am seeing the same stats regression failures in CVS, even after
the recent commits to improve sleep().

Pennsylvania19073

Re: regression failure on stats test

Дата:
> FYI, I am seeing the same stats regression failures in CVS, even after
> the recent commits to improve sleep().

As near as I can tell, this is fixed by pgstat.c rev 1.101.  I'm not
clear why --- the patch certainly zeroes some table fields that were
going uninitialized before, but I do not have a clear picture of how
that resulted in the observed symptoms.  But I haven't seen the failure
happen during continuous regression testing today, whereas I was able to
make it happen several times before I applied that patch.

Has anyone else seen this failure since updating to latest pgstat.c?
        regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:
> > FYI, I am seeing the same stats regression failures in CVS, even after
> > the recent commits to improve sleep().
>
> As near as I can tell, this is fixed by pgstat.c rev 1.101.  I'm not
> clear why --- the patch certainly zeroes some table fields that were
> going uninitialized before, but I do not have a clear picture of how
> that resulted in the observed symptoms.  But I haven't seen the failure
> happen during continuous regression testing today, whereas I was able to
> make it happen several times before I applied that patch.
>
> Has anyone else seen this failure since updating to latest pgstat.c?

My regression tests are fine now.  Sorry for the incorrect failure
report.

Pennsylvania19073

Re: regression failure on stats test

Дата:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> writes:
>>> FYI, I am seeing the same stats regression failures in CVS, even after
>>> the recent commits to improve sleep().
>>
>> Has anyone else seen this failure since updating to latest pgstat.c?

> My regression tests are fine now.  Sorry for the incorrect failure
> report.

It was perfectly correct at the time ... and I'm still not clear on how
the uninitialized table entries would result in this symptom, let alone
why we'd see identical behaviors on several different platforms.

No time to look into it closer though ... got a big stack of patches to
get reviewed ...
        regards, tom lane