Обсуждение: Login/logout

Login/logout

От
Juan Pablo Espino
Дата:
Hello all

I want to register in an audit table the date and time of the
login/logout of a database user. I have been looking for some function
in the code but I didn't find something like that.

Can you give me some ideas to implement it?. I'm ready to program if
it is necessary.  Thanks in advance, regards

Juan P. Espino

Re: Login/logout

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Sat, Jun 18, 2005 at 11:11:31AM -0500, Juan Pablo Espino wrote:

> I want to register in an audit table the date and time of the
> login/logout of a database user. I have been looking for some function
> in the code but I didn't find something like that.

Are you interested in logging to a table specifically, or are you
just trying to get the login/logout info?  If the latter, then you
can use log_connections and log_disconnections (the second of which
is available in 8.0 and later).

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/runtime-config.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-LOGGING-WHAT

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

Re: Login/logout

От
Juan Pablo Espino
Дата:
Thanks for the quick response.  Yes I want to retrieve the
login/logout info, but I want to insert this info in a table that I
use as an audit table. Regards

Juan P. Espino

On 6/18/05, Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 18, 2005 at 11:11:31AM -0500, Juan Pablo Espino wrote:
> >
> > I want to register in an audit table the date and time of the
> > login/logout of a database user. I have been looking for some function
> > in the code but I didn't find something like that.
>
> Are you interested in logging to a table specifically, or are you
> just trying to get the login/logout info?  If the latter, then you
> can use log_connections and log_disconnections (the second of which
> is available in 8.0 and later).
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/runtime-config.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-LOGGING-WHAT
>
> --
> Michael Fuhr
> http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

Re: Login/logout

От
Rod Taylor
Дата:
On Sat, 2005-06-18 at 11:46 -0500, Juan Pablo Espino wrote:
> Thanks for the quick response.  Yes I want to retrieve the
> login/logout info, but I want to insert this info in a table that I
> use as an audit table. Regards

I suggest putting together a short script to scan the logs periodically
and add the new entries to your table.

> On 6/18/05, Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> wrote:
> > On Sat, Jun 18, 2005 at 11:11:31AM -0500, Juan Pablo Espino wrote:
> > >
> > > I want to register in an audit table the date and time of the
> > > login/logout of a database user. I have been looking for some function
> > > in the code but I didn't find something like that.
> >
> > Are you interested in logging to a table specifically, or are you
> > just trying to get the login/logout info?  If the latter, then you
> > can use log_connections and log_disconnections (the second of which
> > is available in 8.0 and later).
> >
> > http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/runtime-config.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-LOGGING-WHAT
> >
> > --
> > Michael Fuhr
> > http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

Re: Login/logout

От
Juan Pablo Espino
Дата:
Hi, thanks for the response.

On 6/18/05, Rod Taylor <pg@rbt.ca> wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-06-18 at 11:46 -0500, Juan Pablo Espino wrote:
> > Thanks for the quick response.  Yes I want to retrieve the
> > login/logout info, but I want to insert this info in a table that I
> > use as an audit table. Regards
>
> I suggest putting together a short script to scan the logs periodically
> and add the new entries to your table.

It sounds to me good in order to resolve my problem.  Nevertheless I
think that it would be very useful to have a function that does
something like "select login()" and gives back to the date and time of
login, or that we can retrieve that info from the system catalogs.
Regards,

Juan P. Espino

Re: Login/logout - Utility Database

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
Juan Pablo Espino wrote:

> I want to register in an audit table the date and time of the
> login/logout of a database user. I have been looking for some function
> in the code but I didn't find something like that.

This is the kind of functionality I'd expect to go to the pg_system (or
however it is named) database if added in pgsql 9.x or so. Would you
like to have auditing stuff mixed up with user data (e.g. in terms of
backup)?

Regards,
Andreas