Обсуждение: HEAD version of initdb fails on Win32

HEAD version of initdb fails on Win32

От
Thomas Hallgren
Дата:
I get the following error message when I try to do an initdb with CVS
HEAD on a Win32 platform:

creating configuration files ... ok
creating template1 database in data-head/base/1 ... FATAL:  access
method "btree" does not support unique indexes
child process was terminated by signal 1

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Re: HEAD version of initdb fails on Win32

Дата:
Thomas Hallgren <thhal@mailblocks.com> writes:
> I get the following error message when I try to do an initdb with CVS
> HEAD on a Win32 platform:

> creating configuration files ... ok
> creating template1 database in data-head/base/1 ... FATAL:  access
> method "btree" does not support unique indexes
> child process was terminated by signal 1

Try "make distclean" and a full rebuild.
        regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:

>Thomas Hallgren <thhal@mailblocks.com> writes:
>

>>I get the following error message when I try to do an initdb with CVS
>>HEAD on a Win32 platform:
>>

>>creating configuration files ... ok
>>creating template1 database in data-head/base/1 ... FATAL:  access
>>method "btree" does not support unique indexes
>>child process was terminated by signal 1
>>

>Try "make distclean" and a full rebuild.

Much better :-) Thanks!

- thomas

Re: HEAD version of initdb fails on Win32

От
Andrew Dunstan

Tom Lane wrote:

>Thomas Hallgren <thhal@mailblocks.com> writes:
>

>>I get the following error message when I try to do an initdb with CVS
>>HEAD on a Win32 platform:
>>

>>creating configuration files ... ok
>>creating template1 database in data-head/base/1 ... FATAL:  access
>>method "btree" does not support unique indexes
>>child process was terminated by signal 1
>>

>Try "make distclean" and a full rebuild.

Incidentally, thanks to Jim Buttafuoco, we now have a Windows box
(goose) on the buildfarm building every day, so when things look screwy
you can check there to see if other people are having the same problem.

cheers

andrew

Re: HEAD version of initdb fails on Win32

>> Try "make distclean" and a full rebuild.
>>
> Much better :-) Thanks!

Always the first thing to try if you get a weird failure after CVS update.
(Personally I never even try to do a partial rebuild after updating;
I can overlap recompiling with doing other things, and the time wasted
tracking even one false bug isn't worth it.)
        regards, tom lane

Re: HEAD version of initdb fails on Win32

Дата:
> Incidentally, thanks to Jim Buttafuoco, we now have a Windows box
> (goose) on the buildfarm building every day, so when things look screwy
> you can check there to see if other people are having the same problem.

Indeed, I checked the buildfarm status before opining Thomas probably
just needed to rebuild ;-)
        regards, tom lane