Обсуждение: About index_build

About index_build

От
Alexey Slynko
Дата:
Hi,

I have found comments in backend/catalog/index.c, that
index_build closes the passed rels ( heapRelation and indexRelation ).
But in backend/access/nbtree/nbtree.c I see something like this:
        if (IsNormalProcessingMode())        {            ....            heap_close(heap, NoLock);
index_close(index);           ....         }

Why it is not like
        if (IsNormalProcessingMode())        {            ....            heap_close(heap, NoLock);
index_close(index);           ....         }     else {            heap_close(heap, NoLock);
index_close(index);        }

Is it a bug or feature ?
                Alexey Slynko                E-mail: slynko@tronet.ru

Re: About index_build

Дата:
Alexey Slynko <slynko@tronet.ru> writes:
> I have found comments in backend/catalog/index.c, that
> index_build closes the passed rels ( heapRelation and indexRelation ).

Bootstrap mode does it differently.  I've never really felt motivated to
understand why in any detail.  Presumably it was once *necessary* for
bootstrap to behave like that, and maybe it still is or maybe not.
It ain't broke so why fix it ...
        regards, tom lane