Обсуждение: Savepoints inside functions

Savepoints inside functions

Дата:
If we get savepoints working inside functions, would they work if the
function is not called from a multi-statement transaction?

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Savepoints inside functions

Tom Lane wrote:
> > If we get savepoints working inside functions, would they work if the
> > function is not called from a multi-statement transaction?
>
> We'll make sure they do ;-)

That will be a neat trick because it will become a multi-statement
transaction when it wasn't before.

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Savepoints inside functions

Дата:
> If we get savepoints working inside functions, would they work if the
> function is not called from a multi-statement transaction?

We'll make sure they do ;-)
        regards, tom lane

Re: Savepoints inside functions

Дата:
>>> If we get savepoints working inside functions, would they work if the
>>> function is not called from a multi-statement transaction?
>>
>> We'll make sure they do ;-)

> That will be a neat trick because it will become a multi-statement
> transaction when it wasn't before.

Not really.  At most it might require relaxing a couple of asserts in
the state machine in xact.c.
        regards, tom lane