Обсуждение: temp tables broken in CVS HEAD?

temp tables broken in CVS HEAD?

От
Oliver Jowett
Дата:
Against current CVS HEAD:

$ ./createuser test
Shall the new user be allowed to create databases? (y/n) y
Shall the new user be allowed to create more new users? (y/n) n
CREATE USER
$ ./createdb -O test test
CREATE DATABASE
$ ./psql -U test test
Welcome to psql 7.5devel, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

Type:  \copyright for distribution terms       \h for help with SQL commands       \? for help with psql commands
\gor terminate with semicolon to execute query       \q to quit

test=> \l       List of databases   Name    | Owner  | Encoding
-----------+--------+----------- template0 | oliver | SQL_ASCII template1 | oliver | SQL_ASCII test      | test   |
SQL_ASCII
(3 rows)

test=> create table t1 (i int);
CREATE TABLE
test=> create temp table t2 (i integer);
ERROR:  permission denied for schema pg_temp_1

test=> select * from pg_namespace;      nspname       | nspowner |             nspacl
--------------------+----------+--------------------------------- pg_toast           |        1 | pg_temp_1          |
     1 | pg_catalog         |        1 | {oliver=U*C*/oliver,=U/oliver} public             |        1 |
{oliver=U*C*/oliver,=UC/oliver}information_schema |        1 | {oliver=U*C*/oliver,=U/oliver}

(5 rows)

The same thing under 7.4.2 successfully creates the temp table. I think
this is something recent as it's triggered by the JDBC driver's
regression tests, which ran (under the same conditions IIRC) without
problems against CVS HEAD as of about a week ago.

-O

Re: temp tables broken in CVS HEAD?

Дата:
Oliver Jowett <oliver@opencloud.com> writes:
> test=> create temp table t2 (i integer);
> ERROR:  permission denied for schema pg_temp_1

I think this is a side effect of Sean's recent permissions-hacking.
I knew I should have objected more strongly ...

The immediate problem is a simple thinko (lack of attention to a
function's return convention), but I'm gonna go back and review that
whole patch.  It obviously wasn't tested well at all.
        regards, tom lane

Re: temp tables broken in CVS HEAD?

От
Sean Chittenden
Дата:
>> test=> create temp table t2 (i integer);
>> ERROR:  permission denied for schema pg_temp_1
>
> The immediate problem is a simple thinko (lack of attention to a
> function's return convention), but I'm gonna go back and review that
> whole patch.  It obviously wasn't tested well at all.

I know what's going on here and will submit a fix for this sometime
tonight.  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden

Re: temp tables broken in CVS HEAD?

Дата:
\Sean Chittenden wrote:
> >> test=> create temp table t2 (i integer);
> >> ERROR:  permission denied for schema pg_temp_1
> >
> > The immediate problem is a simple thinko (lack of attention to a
> > function's return convention), but I'm gonna go back and review that
> > whole patch.  It obviously wasn't tested well at all.
>
> I know what's going on here and will submit a fix for this sometime
> tonight.  -sc

I think Tom applied a patch already for this.

Also, what is a "thinko"?

Pennsylvania19073

Re: temp tables broken in CVS HEAD?

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 11:19:42PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Also, what is a "thinko"?

I think it's equivalent to a "typo" :-D

"El Maquinismo fue proscrito so pena de cosquilleo hasta la muerte"
(Ijon Tichy en Viajes, Stanislaw Lem)

Re: temp tables broken in CVS HEAD?

От
"Matthew T. O'Connor"
Дата:
On Fri, 2004-05-28 at 23:19, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Also, what is a "thinko"?

A mental "typeo"... brain fart... of if you are old enough to qualify,
"a senior moment".

Re: temp tables broken in CVS HEAD?

Дата:
> Also, what is a "thinko"?

When in doubt, consult the Hacker's Dictionary ...

http://www.catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/T/thinko.html
        regards, tom lane

Re: temp tables broken in CVS HEAD?

От
Sean Chittenden
Дата:

>>> The immediate problem is a simple thinko (lack of attention to a
>>> function's return convention), but I'm gonna go back and review that
>>> whole patch.  It obviously wasn't tested well at all.
>>
>> I know what's going on here and will submit a fix for this sometime
>> tonight.  -sc
>
> I think Tom applied a patch already for this.

:)  So I noticed.  I went to update my sources before sending off a
patch and was greeted with a rather nice conflict.  Thanks for getting
to that Tom.  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden