Обсуждение: DBT-2 pulls PostgreSQL from CVS for STP

DBT-2 pulls PostgreSQL from CVS for STP

От
markw@osdl.org
Дата:
I've added a new test parameter so that the test on STP can pull from
CVS.  When requesting a test, use the flag '-x 1' in the "Optimal Script
Parameters" box and the test will pull from CVS.

A test I ran the other day failed because the database ran out of shared
memory.  I was going to try to patch src/backend/storage/ipc/ipci.c to
see if I can get around it, but it looks promising otherwise.  :)

--
Mark Wong - - markw@osdl.org
Open Source Development Lab Inc - A non-profit corporation

Re: DBT-2 pulls PostgreSQL from CVS for STP

Дата:
markw@osdl.org writes:
> A test I ran the other day failed because the database ran out of shared
> memory.

This is a bug Jan introduced recently --- he forgot to modify the shared
memory setup code to allow space for the new data structures used by
ARC.  Jan, would you mind fixing that soon?  It's getting in people's
way.
        regards, tom lane

Re: DBT-2 pulls PostgreSQL from CVS for STP

От
Neil Conway
Дата:
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
> This is a bug Jan introduced recently --- he forgot to modify the
> shared memory setup code to allow space for the new data structures
> used by ARC.  Jan, would you mind fixing that soon?  It's getting in
> people's way.

Jan had asked that I include the fix for the bug in my bufmgr work
(which I have), but considering that it will probably take me a while
to get that into a state that is suitable for committing, it might
make more sense for Jan to just commit the fix himself.

-Neil

Re: DBT-2 pulls PostgreSQL from CVS for STP

От
Jan Wieck
Дата:
Neil Conway wrote:

> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>> This is a bug Jan introduced recently --- he forgot to modify the
>> shared memory setup code to allow space for the new data structures
>> used by ARC.  Jan, would you mind fixing that soon?  It's getting in
>> people's way.
>
> Jan had asked that I include the fix for the bug in my bufmgr work
> (which I have), but considering that it will probably take me a while
> to get that into a state that is suitable for committing, it might
> make more sense for Jan to just commit the fix himself.

K, will do

Jan

Re: DBT-2 pulls PostgreSQL from CVS for STP

От
markw@osdl.org
Дата:
On 14 Jan, Jan Wieck wrote:
> Neil Conway wrote:
>
>> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>>> This is a bug Jan introduced recently --- he forgot to modify the
>>> shared memory setup code to allow space for the new data structures
>>> used by ARC.  Jan, would you mind fixing that soon?  It's getting in
>>> people's way.
>>
>> Jan had asked that I include the fix for the bug in my bufmgr work
>> (which I have), but considering that it will probably take me a while
>> to get that into a state that is suitable for committing, it might
>> make more sense for Jan to just commit the fix himself.
>
> K, will do
>

> Jan

Ok, it did take me while to try another go at it, but it works. :)  You
can see some results against today's snapsnot here:http://khack.osdl.org/stp/287106/

And for review, you can see intructions on how to run your own
here:http://developer.osdl.org/markw/stp_dbt2_howto.html

Mark