Обсуждение: Fwd: Re: Call for port reports

Fwd: Re: Call for port reports

От
Philip Yarra
Дата:
I've just tried the latest CVS on Tru64 (OSF) and I'm getting a surprising
number of failures. I've tested using gcc 2.95 and compaq's cc (both the same
number of failures, can provide regression.*  and make.out from /bin/cc run
if required). The attached results are from gcc, which appears to be default
unless I `export CC=/bin/cc`

$ uname -a
OSF1 hostname V4.0 1229 alpha
[that's Tru64 v4.0F ]

$ ./configure --with-thread-safety && make clean check
[snip]
18 of 93 tests failed, 1 of these failures ignored.

I've attached regression.diffs and regression.out - the
same CVS snapshot passed `make check` perfectly on Linux, BTW

I saw Alessio's results from Tru64 v4.0g this morning - no problems there, so
I wonder if I am doing something wrong... can anyone provide further
suggestions?

There may be some wierdness on my build host, so when time permits I'll try on
a different alpha machine. I've also attached make.out.gz - the output of
make.

Regards, Philip Yarra.

Re: Fwd: Re: Call for port reports

Дата:
Philip Yarra <philip@utiba.com> writes:
> I've just tried the latest CVS on Tru64 (OSF) and I'm getting a surprising=
> number of failures.

You seem to have some path problems: most of the errors look like

+ ERROR:  could not access file "/regress.so": No such file or directory

or collateral damage.  Check to see if the sed script that inserts path
values into the regression scripts is doing the right things.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Fwd: Re: Call for port reports

От
"Andrew Dunstan"
> > I've just tried the latest CVS on Tru64 (OSF) and I'm getting a
surprising=
> > number of failures.
>
> You seem to have some path problems: most of the errors look like
>
> + ERROR:  could not access file "/regress.so": No such file or directory
>
> or collateral damage.  Check to see if the sed script that inserts path
> values into the regression scripts is doing the right things.

I didn't see these objects actually made in the make log, although getting
past all the warnings was painful, so maybe I missed it.

cheers

andrew