Обсуждение: create database that already exists.

create database that already exists.

От
"Merlin Moncure"
Дата:
Here is a verbatim readout of my typing commands into the database
shell.  I issued a 'create database' to pg 7.4b2 and it did not fail
despite an already existing database with the same name.  Just thought
I'd pass it along, I haven't been able to reproduce it.  Just thought
I'd pass it along...

Merlin [shell log follows]

C:\Projects\dbmanager>psql -h linux_server esp

Type:  \copyright for distribution terms      \h for help with SQL commands      \? for help on internal slash commands
    \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query      \q to quit

esp=# create database test;
CREATE DATABASE
esp=# \c test
You are now connected to database test.
test=# create table t1(id int, f1 text, f2 text);
CREATE TABLE
test=# create table t2(id int, f1 text, f2 text);
CREATE TABLE
test=# \d                   List of relationsSchema |        Name        |   Type   |     Owner
--------+--------------------+----------+----------------public | cuid_sequence      | sequence | postgrespublic | t1
             | table    | Merlin.Moncurepublic | t2                 | table    | Merlin.Moncurepublic | xfd_field
  | table    | postgrespublic | xfd_field_key_link | table    | postgrespublic | xfd_file           | table    |
postgrespublic| xfd_key            | table    | postgres
(7 rows)

test=# create database test;
ERROR:  database "test" already exists
test=# \c esp
You are now connected to database esp.
esp=# create database test;
ERROR:  database "test" already exists
esp=# select version();                                               version

----------------------------
---PostgreSQL 7.4beta2 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.2
(Mandrake Linux 9.0 3.2-1md
k)
(1 row)

esp=#

Re: create database that already exists.

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 01:58:24PM -0400, Merlin Moncure wrote:
> Here is a verbatim readout of my typing commands into the database
> shell.  I issued a 'create database' to pg 7.4b2 and it did not fail
> despite an already existing database with the same name.  Just thought
> I'd pass it along, I haven't been able to reproduce it.

So, how did you know the database already existed?  The objects you are
seeing may be well part of template1 ...

"El realista sabe lo que quiere; el idealista quiere lo que sabe" (Anónimo)

Re: create database that already exists.

От
"Merlin Moncure"
Дата:
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
So, how did you know the database already existed?  The objects you are
seeing may be well part of template1 ...

You are right, I'm an idiot...sorry :)

Merlin