Обсуждение: CREATE USER bug

CREATE USER bug

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Hello,
 It seems to me that the below should not be able to happen.

postgres=# create user with encrypted password '98wq7912a';
CREATE USER
postgres=# create user with encrypted password '98wq7912a';
ERROR:  CREATE USER: user name "with" already exists

Sincerley,

Joshua D. Drake

+1-503-222-2783 - jd@commandprompt.com - http://www.commandprompt.com
Editor-N-Chief - PostgreSQl.Org - http://www.postgresql.org

Re: CREATE USER bug

От
Neil Conway
Дата:
On Mon, 2003-10-06 at 16:21, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> postgres=# create user with encrypted password '98wq7912a';
> CREATE USER
> postgres=# create user with encrypted password '98wq7912a';
> ERROR:  CREATE USER: user name "with" already exists

So, what are we doing about this? If we're considering it a bug, one way
to fix it is to move WITH from unreserved_keywords to reserved_keywords.
Any other suggestions?

-Neil

Re: CREATE USER bug

Дата:
Neil Conway wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-10-06 at 16:21, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > postgres=# create user with encrypted password '98wq7912a';
> > CREATE USER
> > postgres=# create user with encrypted password '98wq7912a';
> > ERROR:  CREATE USER: user name "with" already exists
>
> So, what are we doing about this? If we're considering it a bug, one way
> to fix it is to move WITH from unreserved_keywords to reserved_keywords.
> Any other suggestions?

I think the code is fine as it is now, seeing how WITH is optional:
      CREATE USER username [ [ WITH ] option [ ... ] ]

I don't see a huge problem with allowing "with" as a user name.  Of
course, we could require them to write:
      CREATE USER with WITH ...

but then WITH isn't optional anymore, at least for a user named 'with'.

Pennsylvania19073

Re: CREATE USER bug

Дата:
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> On Mon, 2003-10-06 at 16:21, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> postgres=# create user with encrypted password '98wq7912a';
>> CREATE USER
>> postgres=# create user with encrypted password '98wq7912a';
>> ERROR:  CREATE USER: user name "with" already exists

> So, what are we doing about this? If we're considering it a bug, one way
> to fix it is to move WITH from unreserved_keywords to reserved_keywords.
> Any other suggestions?

It's not a bug.
        regards, tom lane