Обсуждение: backwards-compat problem?

backwards-compat problem?

От
"Christopher Kings-Lynne"
Дата:
You know how DEFAULT 'now' no longer works?  Well, I have some old tables
that still have stuff like DEFAULT 'now' and DEFAULT 'today' in them and
they will be dumped with pg_dump using that default.  Does that mean that
mean that when I reload into 7.4, my defaults will no longer work?

Chris

Re: backwards-compat problem?

Дата:
> You know how DEFAULT 'now' no longer works?  Well, I have some old tables
> that still have stuff like DEFAULT 'now' and DEFAULT 'today' in them and
> they will be dumped with pg_dump using that default.  Does that mean that
> mean that when I reload into 7.4, my defaults will no longer work?

You can do the ALTER TABLE SET DEFAULT now, or after you load into 7.4,
but you'll have to fix it sooner or later.
        regards, tom lane

Re: backwards-compat problem?

От
"Christopher Kings-Lynne"
Дата:
> > You know how DEFAULT 'now' no longer works?  Well, I have some old
tables
> > that still have stuff like DEFAULT 'now' and DEFAULT 'today' in them and
> > they will be dumped with pg_dump using that default.  Does that mean
that
> > mean that when I reload into 7.4, my defaults will no longer work?
>
> You can do the ALTER TABLE SET DEFAULT now, or after you load into 7.4,
> but you'll have to fix it sooner or later.

Can we ensue that this is listed in the release notes clearly then?

Chris

Re: backwards-compat problem?

Дата:
> Can we ensue that this is listed in the release notes clearly then?

Bruce hasn't made up the "incompatibilities to note" section yet,
but when he does, it should certainly be mentioned.
        regards, tom lane

Re: backwards-compat problem?

Дата:
Got it.

Tom Lane wrote:
> "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au> writes:
> > Can we ensue that this is listed in the release notes clearly then?
>
> Bruce hasn't made up the "incompatibilities to note" section yet,
> but when he does, it should certainly be mentioned.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Pennsylvania19073