Обсуждение: Building beta packaging fails ...

Building beta packaging fails ...

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
Using the attached script, the build fails while trying ot tar up the
distributions ... when its trying to build the tools tar file, error being
that it can't find the src/data directory ... compared against the
snapshot build script, it doesn't look like I've missed anything, and i
haven't changed the build script fo rbeta recently, other then the v7.4
stuff ...

Makefile problem, or a directory that is supposed to be built?

#! /bin/sh
set -e
export PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/sbin
cd /usr/local/pgsql/beta
if [ -d pgsql ]
then mv pgsql pgsql.dead
fi
if [ -d pgsql.dead ]
then rm -rf pgsql.dead &
fi
/usr/bin/cvs -d /cvsroot -q checkout -rREL7_4_BETA1 -P pgsql
/usr/bin/find pgsql -type d -name CVS -print | xargs rm -rf
cd pgsql
./configure
cd doc/src
gmake postgres.tar.gz
mv postgres.tar.gz ..
cp /var/spool/ftp/pub/dev/doc/man.tar.gz ..
cd ../..
gmake split-dist=yes dist
gmake maintainer-clean

for x in *.tar.gz; do md5 $x > $x.md5
done

mv *.tar.gz *.tar.gz.md5 /var/spool/ftp/pub/source/v7.4

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: Building beta packaging fails ...

Дата:
The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
> Using the attached script, the build fails while trying ot tar up the
> distributions ... when its trying to build the tools tar file, error being
> that it can't find the src/data directory ...

Why is it looking for src/data?  I removed all the files in that
directory last night as part of the --enable-recode deletion.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Building beta packaging fails ...

От
Gavin Sherry
Дата:
On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> Using the attached script, the build fails while trying ot tar up the
> distributions ... when its trying to build the tools tar file, error being
> that it can't find the src/data directory ... compared against the
> snapshot build script, it doesn't look like I've missed anything, and i
> haven't changed the build script fo rbeta recently, other then the v7.4
> stuff ...

Hmm... A quick test of the script here suggests that the problem might be
with the building of documentation (ecpg.sgml). Since 'set -e' is called,
the build will stop when gmake exits.

Gavin

Re: Building beta packaging fails ...

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
GNUMakefile.in:

opt_files := \       src/tools src/corba src/data src/tutorial \       src/bin/pgtclsh \       $(addprefix
src/interfaces/,libpgtcl jdbc) \       $(addprefix src/pl/, plperl plpython tcl)

I take it then, that src/data shoudl be removed from there too?

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003, Tom Lane wrote:

> The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
> > Using the attached script, the build fails while trying ot tar up the
> > distributions ... when its trying to build the tools tar file, error being
> > that it can't find the src/data directory ...
>
> Why is it looking for src/data?  I removed all the files in that
> directory last night as part of the --enable-recode deletion.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: Building beta packaging fails ...

Дата:
The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
> GNUMakefile.in:
> opt_files := \
>         src/tools src/corba src/data src/tutorial \

Ah.

> I take it then, that src/data shoudl be removed from there too?

Yep.  Sorry I missed it.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Building beta packaging fails ...

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
'k, removed and trying build again ...

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, Tom Lane wrote:

> The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
> > GNUMakefile.in:
> > opt_files := \
> >         src/tools src/corba src/data src/tutorial \
>
> Ah.
>
> > I take it then, that src/data shoudl be removed from there too?
>
> Yep.  Sorry I missed it.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: Building beta packaging fails ...

От
Markus Bertheau
Дата:
В Втр, 05.08.2003, в 05:23, The Hermit Hacker пишет:

> /usr/bin/cvs -d /cvsroot -q checkout -rREL7_4_BETA1 -P pgsql
> /usr/bin/find pgsql -type d -name CVS -print | xargs rm -rf

Hint: cvs export

--
Markus Bertheau <twanger@bluetwanger.de>

Re: Building beta packaging fails ...

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
The Hermit Hacker writes:

> /usr/bin/cvs -d /cvsroot -q checkout -rREL7_4_BETA1 -P pgsql
> /usr/bin/find pgsql -type d -name CVS -print | xargs rm -rf

While I second the note that you really should be using cvs export, the
second line is redundant in any case, because gmake dist already does
that.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net